Modell Railroad Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of T gauge?

1. Default Ever heard of T gauge?

No, not TT scale, that's an older scale in between HO and N. It's been around a long time but never really caught on.

This is T scale. Named since it runs on 3 mm track. Amazingly it's about 1/2 the size of N scale (Wonder why they didn't call it HZ? That well worked for HO, which was named that since it's Half O scale.)

Quoting the website:
    Having been launched in Japan in 2006 TGauge takes its name T from Three. Three relates to the 3mm track gauge.
    The scale size of T is 1:450, which makes it around half the size of Z and one third the size of N. It’s not until you actually see these trains in real life that you believe how small they are!

Trains are powered by 4.5v micro motors which pick their power up from the rails. Traction and reliable connection is helped by the powered wheels being magnetic. In most cases, locomotives will also have directional lighting.
    I recall hearing about it, but figured it was just a curiosity. It still is for the most part but they do appear to be getting more serious about it.

http://www.tgauge.com/
    Bob Harbison
    ModelRailroadForums.com Host

At the last couple of Brisbane Model Train Shows, there's been a young, slightly handicapped guy who was displaying a layout he had built. I wondered whether in fact the rolling stock had wheels, it's so tiny. They must have had because they moved freely.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

What's next Nano scale?

Interesting stuff Bob, thank you!
    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

Louis

Darn, I can't imagine trying to model something that small - N Scale is bad enough.
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale

Yeah, but just think, a container ship alongside the dock would be much more feasible.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

7. Default

Looks like you can get a lot in a little space.
    Questions answered, Answers questionable.

I briefly experimented with N-scale. My aging eyes and fat fumbly fingers didn't do so well with it.
    T-scale? As Wendy Bagwell used to say: "There ain't no way!!"
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy! Red Green
    http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.b...-i-see-it.html

9. Default T Gauge

Over the years this guy has been trying to make it popular, I don't know how he went as I have not followed him for a couple of years now,
    here is his sight and there are a few video there and a few layouts.

http://www.hobbiesplus.com.au/t_gauge_.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PT 018r.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	53299  
    Last edited by peroni; 10-27-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Adding photo

No thank you. I'm having enough trouble with HO scale. I can't believe that at one time I was in N scale. Way too small for me.