Modell Railroad Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever heard of T gauge?

1. Default

I think Z is the smallest practical Modeling scale, with N being a good bit better, .......just my tupence............

That said, not trying to completely deRAIL the dialog here, I once considered TT (1/120) a reasonable/practable size. I went with N, because there was just no viable availability/selection of TT.

I have modeled in, O, S, (teens) HO, N & Z; currently mostly N (Nice/Normal), then some Z and very few HO pieces. The best modeling scale I have actually Worked in is 4' 8.5" gage, aka 1:1 as a switchman on the NYC. I find the customary modeling scales a bit SAFEr. MY stint as a NYC switchman started with, just learning & practicing Properly getting on and off moving trains.

I have never even seen a T scale/gage, live and up close, pictures only, but just having some Z makes me appreciate just how BIG, N scale or PS (Postage Stamp) is.

While I have partly DERAILED this TRAIN of dialog, this is a siding only slightly divergent from the SIZE subject main-line.

Sorry, miss understood what is going on here. However, never heard of "T" Scale.
    Last edited by NP2626; 09-12-2017 at 05:16 AM.
    Mark D.

Opinions given are my own and not meant to ruffle any feathers.
    Northern Pacific, really terrific!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NP2626 View Post
    Sorry, miss understood what is going on here. However, never heard of "T" Scale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_gauge

Willie

I really have no interest in going smaller than HO.
    Mark D.

Opinions given are my own and not meant to ruffle any feathers.
    Northern Pacific, really terrific!