Modell Railroad Links

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

1. Default

Thanks Flyboy, I used super glue (like crazy glue)

Hey Lynn, thanks, please do take time, you had some very good ideas and it's always nice to see others working on their layouts

Lloyd,

I never would have thought to replace the plastic ties with wooden ones. It turned the flex track into what looks like hand laid track. Which in a way that's what it has become. And the added detail on the top side really finishes it off nicely.

Good job!

Jon...

3. Default

Thanks Jon, much appreciated

On another note, I've been wanting a Speedometer to match speed all 30 of my locomotives, but at $70-$80 US ($100-$110 Canadian), plus shipping and customs was a bit expensive. When it comes to electricity and electronics, I'm at a loss. With some help from Valerie Valley RR for the idea and sketch and Chris and Andy for more help, I was able to build my functional speedometer for less than $10.

In the picture I have lots of tags to make sure I knew which wires were what and where they had to go.

I'll be building two of them, one for my test track on my work bench and the other will go under the track/fascia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-06-14 05.20.05.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	61922

I saw 9 videos on Speedometers, but NONE explains exactly where to connect what wires to where. I'll be doing a video later (next month) detailing the procedures to building one.

Later

Lloyd, your dollar and ours seem to be much the same against the USD, currently just shy of 76c. What I've found odd is the Global Shipping via Pitney Bowes that ebay uses. For locals in the USA, it seems to be expensive, but down here not so, always seems cheaper than USPS Priority International, sent by the seller, but is used by Pitney Bowes anyway.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Have a look at Rodimus Prime on Y/tube, don't know if he's done one on the speedos, but his other instuctional vids seem well presented and explained.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

6. Default

Thanks Toot, same here about 75c.
    I did take a look at Rodimus, but nothing on speedometers.

here's a look at my first try at Super Tress and leafs from Scenic Express.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-06-17 22-43-18 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	61947

That scene rally looks outstanding. Nicely done. Name:  Thumb up.gif
Views: 50
Size:  2.3 KB

8. Default

Thank you very much Chet
    Added a few more last night.
    Glad my layout is mostly industrial with only a few wooden areas.

Hey, Lloyd, no fair taking photos of the real thing and trying to pass them off as your layout!
    Just kidding! That looks really nice!
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy! Red Green
    http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.b...-i-see-it.html

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2610 View Post
    Hey, Lloyd, no fair taking photos of the real thing and trying to pass them off as your layout!
    Just kidding! That looks really nice!
    Thanks, but it's all photoshop...lol