Modell Railroad Links

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Look forword to updates.

2. Default Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Well my deployment is finally over and I'm back at home. I'm looking forward to working on the layout again and running some trains. Unfortunately I missed most of the SoCal train shows this year being deployed but I was able to make up for it by buying the occasional item for myself online!

Ive got lots to keep me busy on the layout once I catch up on some family time. Look for updates and new additions below coming to the layout soon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steveparkinson; 05-16-2017 at 06:11 PM.

3. Default

Welcome home, good to see you posting again!
    Looks like you scored some pretty decent stuff, and you've got some work ahead of you too.
    Questions answered, Answers questionable.

4. Default

Thanks Rico, I'm sure I'll be busy for a while.

Glad to see you back Steve. Thanks for your service.

Missed your posts and looking at all of the goodies you picked up, your credit card must be smokin'. Name:  Grin.gif
Views: 70
Size:  166 Bytes

Looking forward to see your posts.

6. Default

Thanks!

Funny, my wife said the same thing - it's not so bad when you space them out over 7 months!

7. Default Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Started with an easy "to-do" on the layout after unboxing most of the stuff I packed up while I was gone. Work station is almost set up so I should be able to start getting a lot of these new projects going.

First one was adding micro-trains couplers/trucks to some of my rolling stock that has yet to run on the layout. Only did 20 today, think I've got about 20-30 left before everything has updated couplers/trucks.

Height gauge works great for quality control!

I find for the Roundhouse ones, installing with the base out of the rest of the car works best...

Finished product.....

These should be coming out of maintenance shortly and running on the mainline soon.

Steve

8. Default

Another ten sets in the books, been updating my excel inventory as I go too.

Also mounted a surge protector under the layout and ran an extension cord the length of the layout (mounted it with rope light clips) to avoid having to run it on the garage floor. Should have done this years ago!

9. Default

That is really a good idea. Glad to see you back.
    I still hope to be able to visit your layout some day when you are "fussing" around. Maybe an afternoon when I can bring the 10 YO grandson with me?
    Sherrel
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    That is really a good idea. Glad to see you back.
    I still hope to be able to visit your layout some day when you are "fussing" around. Maybe an afternoon when I can bring the 10 YO grandson with me?
    Definitely, we'll have to set it up one day once everything is up running again!