Modell Railroad Links

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Yes you do. There's not much available in the era you're modeling, especially in N scale. I know I hit the jackpot when it comes to vehicles.

2. Default

Did a bit of scenery and detail work this weekend. Added some more signs and vending machines to the BNSF Logistics and Performance Food Group industries.....

I also weathered the roads around the two industries...

Also a bit of turf/gravel applied across from what will be a BNSF building (tan building) I think.... maybe some track maintenance vehicles parked across the street with old track, ties, ballast piles etc....

Also added some of Bob's oak trees from www.lonshadowsmodeltrees.com. Thanks again Bob, great stuff!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Steve, excellent work.

4. Default

I've been following this thread for a long time and I'm still in awe! Wow Steve, awesome work!
    CEO,CFO H&A RR freelance

5. Default

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the feedback! Here's the look I was kind of shooting for with the BNSF track maintenance area, let me know what y'all think..

6. Default Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Three more locomotives with decoder installed this weekend and a test run with some.

It was a hot weekend and didn't feel like doing to much else on the layout so I weathered some Railbox boxcars that looked entirely too new. Did the first coats of paint and chalks.

Here's the before of one...

Steve

7. Default

Couple other covered hoppers I weathered and a short video of the layout. Enjoy!

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6862.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	621.1 KB 
ID:	62213

8. Default Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Not a bad week. Been working on the yard ends.... added a locomotive facility at one end and a car shop at the other. Track installed and feeders installed on both ends. Just needs to be wired into the main bus....

Also added some loads to some of my flats, just need weathering now.....

Also swapped out my first 25 cars with metal wheels (Two more 100 packs on the way), and replaced some short couplers on a few new locomotives.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk