Well I finished my DCC install of my BB GP-35. I had fun doing it. I did find out how bright 1.5v bulb's are when they are hit with 12v. Super duper bright for .01 seconds. I had a bag of unknown bulbs.
I did not have the harness so I did a hard wired job on it. Had to pull motor, remove grounding tab on copper conductor, insulate with 2 layers of electrical tape, drill and tap screw for new power pick up on frame.
The bulbs are just a tad over sized. But hey, it is a 20 year old engine. Lots of non scale things to look at.
I used a NCE D13SRJ Decoder. It went in very easily. Runs pretty well too. I used (3) lights for the front and (2) for the rear. I was surprised all of the junk fit in the shell without out binding.