Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tail length of switchback

1. Default

Thanx for the pics, that was a good sized mill for sure!
    I went out to the mill about an hour North of here to get some pics and there it was gone!
    I might have some old pics of it somewhere, I'll dig.
    I was talking to one of the guys who worked there, funny how he summed up the closure:
    Quote:
    Union: We want more money.
    Tembec: You can't have it.
    Union: Then we'll go on strike!
    Tembec: Go ahead, won't do you any good.
    Union: What are you going to do... close the mill?
    Tembec: Hmmmm
    Union: Crap.
    My wife always says I don't pay attention, or something like that.

Rico why did you remove your paper mill scene? Did you move, ot did you put something else in its place?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joed2323 View Post
    as i said before i would join your group.

...If anyone can get a estimation on how steep this grade might be,the grade gets very steep up past the warehouse. When i get back to this mill i will stand on the grade and try to get a few pictures of looking up and down the grade, its hard to see how steep it actually is from the pictures, they still have alot of security running around the mill so i gotta be careful
    I will take more pictures of the size of this mill, its spread out up the hill and down below where i took most of my pictures
    Based on the camera position, and accounting for spherical aberration in the lens if it is a wide angle lens, then the visible grade up the side of the escarpment looks to be about 3.5%. That's the best I can do as a guesstimate.
    Crandell

Hmmm. Thats not to steep then.

I will try and take a picture of where it gets steeper.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joed2323 View Post
    Rico why did you remove your paper mill scene? Did you move, or did you put something else in its place?
    The whole layout is ka-put now, taking the walls down in a week or so for re-insulation.
    I'm already planning the new mill tho, your pics will help!
    My wife always says I don't pay attention, or something like that.