This might interest you..

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

HOexplorer

Here is a photo of a finished part of my layout. It is the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. There is a 'how it is built' thread in the HO section. Jim:)
Pier.jpg
Thanks to photobucket this photo was lost. Maybe this one will post.

Old time flatcar.jpg

Attachments

• Old time flatcar.jpg
    Old time flatcar.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
I'm drooling with Rico too. I'm even more impressed with the amount and quality of your work in such a short time. I take ten times as long and it doesn't look half as good. Excellent work!

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
WOW! Realistic looking, beautiful, how about a few more pics. :D
Excellent modeling, a show piece for sure, do you have a link to the HO Forum?

Cheers
Willis

HOexplorer

Thanks fellows. Much appreciated. Let's see if this link will work:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25919

This should get you over to the HO Forum and to the 'Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co.' layout. The thread is getting longer and I reread it the other day and I think many folks enjoy it and hopefully learn a thing or two.

As for speed building yes, I do go fast. I've only been modeling since 2005 and this is my 5th layout in this room since I moved here in 2006. So most layouts only last about 14 months I guess. I'm slowing down now and after Z and N scales I'm finding that, while I don't have much room, that HO has become my favorite scale. I like scenery the best and don't mind sharing my thoughts and ideas. Hey, it's free and doesn't hurt so click on the link and enjoy. Jim:)

HOexplorer

Work on this thread continues on the HO Forum. Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR. Come and take a look. You might like it. Jim

HOexplorer

zoegraf, go over to the HO Forum and click on the Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR thread. The whole story is told there. Thanks, Jim:)

HOexplorer

I thought I would bump this thread up. It is not 6 months old yet and there are over 17,100 hits. Must be a reason. Even if you are not into HO there is tons of stuff that may be valuable to any modeler. Discussions range from rock cliffs to photography. So go on over to the HO Forum and click on the Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber thread. Try it, you'll probably like it! Jim

HOexplorer

CONTEST CONTEST As a reward for nearly 19000 visits in six months (today) to my PCM&T Co. thread over in the HO Forum I invite you over to take a look at the thread and enter a Caption Contest. Here is the prize:
MotherHubbard.jpg

It is brass. It is AC. It does run and could use a lube. Good luck, Jim:)

railfan

junk collector
Still waiting for my steamy choo-choos train locomotion.......you must having rong address! Me making funny talking diorama peoples. I winning good! :p

Mike

joed2323

Jim is on a level of craftsmanship that's out of this world. I think if anyone is getting into modeling or trying to improve, all one has to do is view Jim's layout threads. One of the things i like most about Jim is he shares his knowledge on building his layouts, that means a'lot to us new guys since i could use all the guidance and direction to becoming half the modeler Jim is...

I cant wait to see your addition build up on your current layout, Ive been waiting patiently but its driving me nuts because i cant wait to see what you can do next.. Keep us posted Jim, i know you will. Again thanks for sharing your layout builds. Hopefully you are done with building that other layout so you can get started on your layout :)

HOexplorer

Thank you JoeD I just saw this. Very kind of you. Always willing to help out.

If you don't know what this is all about over 31500 visitors have checked into my PCM&T Co. building thread over on the HO Forum. Must be worth the time, it has been active for only 8 months. Drop in for a visit. The info is pertinet for all scales. Jim:)

HOexplorer

Thanks AK, much appreciated.

If you have checked out this thread it may be time. Jim

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.