The following review has been added to our model railroad product reviews section:

by: kbkchooch

Description: Now from Bachmann, an Alco S4 disel electric locomotive model. With detailing to meet or exceed earlier efforts of Atlas with the S2, this new model from Bachmann also features Tsunami sound. All in a package with a most reasonable price. Brought out in 1950, the S4 was the next step in Alco's development of the small switcher, and this engine is no exception. Straight out of the box, all I had to do was dial up short address 3, and it ran beautifully! Later, once the thrill had died down, I changed the long address to 146 and started pushing cars around. Performance was acceptable, pushing a dozen cars at a time around the yard. Compared to the previous Atlas engines, these are lighter, and cant handle as much as the Atlas S2's, BUT then again, the Atlas engine dont have that amazing sound either. Value wise, I couln't be happier. Great detailing, DCC and Tsunami sound. Considering I paid less for this engine than I paid for any of my Atlas engines without DCC 10 and 15 years ago, the price was amazing. Suggested retail is $159.95 but the can be found for less. Go ahead get 1, or 2, or 4! You wont regret it!!

To read more and post your ovn review, please visit our Model Railroad Product Reviews