Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

HOexplorer

Thanks Toot, Up to Page 161 now, but any new 'system' is making me groggy and I'm stopping for a bit to recharge my batteries. Page 161 is the starting page for the Southern Division. So the original PCM&T is complete as I could remake it. Jim:D

Last edited by a moderator:

HOexplorer

Hi all, Up to Page 201 now. Going smoothly now that I've figured out how to do it. Football for the rest of the weekend. Happy New Year. Jim:cool:

KB02

Happy New Year to you too, Jim!

Since You're up to page 222, and there are only 443 pages so far, that makes you officially 50% one. Photobucket is not on my good side either. I've got over 1200 photos stored on their site and the only way to get them off is to download them all one at a time. With a couple of little one running around the house, I don't know if I have the time to rebuild any of my threads, though.

HOexplorer

KB02, Hiya. photobucket can have mine. There simply using their server space. Screw 'em. It is not easy going through my albums to complete this job because my lousy memory is over worked! Cheers, Jim:eek:

HOexplorer

Okay, it looks like you all are serious about 1 million views. As promised my 'last' model railroad endeavor will be the prize. An 11.5"x24" diorama. It will be of the best quality I'm capable of naturally. It will be HO scale because this is an HO thread. Of course I will take update photos as I progress. First one below.

On another point, this site seems to have put a terrible hdcp on me and others with a size limit on photos. I had to shrink this one to get it to post. I guess unless I get some special dispensation I will have use zoomed in photos that tell the story instead of full photos. Jim:(

IMG_09043.jpg

Edsland

Size limit photos or not, I'll be watching your endeavor with great interest. Hopefully I'll learn something, knowing how high the bar will be.

KB02

Size limit photos or not, I'll be watching your endeavor with great interest. Hopefully I'll learn something, knowing how high the bar will be.

Indeed.

Perhaps the size limit has to do with the initial display posting? When you click on the pic, it pops right up in a much bigger size - that can still be zoomed in on.

HOexplorer

Next is an easy step. I used left over Woodland Scenics Risers for the track bed. I put the track area about 40% from the front. Don't place the track bed down the middle of your base, it doesn't look right when finished. I used WS Foam Tack Glue for all gluing. Jim

IMG_0905.jpgIMG_0906.jpgYou can see my cat is not really interested. Jim;)

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Nothing wrong with your photos, JIM! They expand out large enough to see the individual lobes in thr styrafoam!

HOexplorer

Sorry all. Flat on my back or side for three weeks.

Here is work from this morning.

I put some plaster cloth on the front of the shelf to dry and fold back so the wooden front of the shelf shows. IMG_0910.jpg

Next I put some rolled newspaper. I will cover it with the plaster cloth. After which I will use crumpled newspaper. I do it this way for planting trees. Give the truck something to go into so it won't move. Jim

IMG_0911.jpg

HOexplorer

Thanks guys. Here's some more progress on the diorama. IMG_0912.jpg The old stand bye news print.

IMG_0913.jpgThe fold over from the front with plaster cloth. Spray with water on the cloth for this step.

IMG_0914.jpgAlmost all covered now. Unless I can find some foam putty around here I'll have to go to my LHS.

Jim:)

HOexplorer

Lynn, I love watching me work as well. Tank is almost empty however. That said, here is what WS Foam Putty is all about.

IMG_0926.jpg

What a great invention the putty is. Notice the holes and ridges from the plaster cloth?

IMG_0927.jpgSame scene smoothed out using foam putty. Two days drying and we'll be ready for some color. Jim

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.