Modell Railroad Links

Page 438 of 443 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 4428

Thread: Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Isn't that the truth

I once lost a lot of my posted photos on this forum, I believe due to some software change that was made. It really screws up a lot of good discussions that have been made on the web. Photobucket's action has really done a LOT of damage. I personal feel they out to be prosecuted for misleading folks into using their service. Thank goodness I mistrusted them from the beginning

The original P/B owner had a real nice format on his opening page with a really easy interface. Everything you wanted to get to was under tabs across the page top. The libraries were in a dropdown with every one shown, click on the one you wanted, you were taken straight to it. About a year before he sold it, it was updated so you could just click on a thumbnail and it copied without doing the CTRL/C. After it sold, the front page changed to the system in force now. Cumbersome to find libraries and stripped down obviously for Cell phone use to get it all on screen. That's when the pummeling with adds began and in the last couple of years really stepped up. Obviously the marketing hasn't worked and I've been expecting a fee to use being introduced. But $400/year? Forget it. If this doesn't work, I expect them to be gone within the next 12 months. Or less.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Santee, CA it borders San Diego on the NE side

One of my buddies at softball has a nephew that just got fired from Photobucket. I got his number and talked for a while. He was let go due to "mismanagement" which caused the need for 'downsizing!' He wasn't really upset, just a bit baffled as to the new direction of the company. MONEY, one way or another, doesn't seem to be flowing into FB's bank like they thought it would. So, maybe not all is lost??? Jim

4. Default

When Photobucket started out it was a nice, easy to use platform with a few ads. Then, they started complicating things and got greedy by putting ads on top of ads to the point where the website doesn't work anymore.

BTW Jim- I still have that article I sent you a sample of a while back. Looking for a good photo hosting site so I can post it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOexplorer View Post
    One of my buddies at softball has a nephew that just got fired from Photobucket. I got his number and talked for a while. He was let go due to "mismanagement" which caused the need for 'downsizing!' He wasn't really upset, just a bit baffled as to the new direction of the company. MONEY, one way or another, doesn't seem to be flowing into FB's bank like they thought it would. So, maybe not all is lost??? Jim
    Lost? I think it all will be, and quite soon, Jim. Blame will be placed on clients not taking up the "generous offer" regards membership. Accuse me of being a cynic , by all means, I've learned from seeing what happen's from management trying to deflect blame from their butts.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

HO Explorer - try IMGUR as a hosting site, it's FREE and very easy to use with virtually no ads of any kind attached. That is the program I went to and use here for what it's worth.

As for photobucket, well - with what they are trying to do I don't think anyone will have to worry about them in the near future - $399 (US) a year membership just so you can post YOUR pictures in a forum or chat room and they call THAT generous??? All I can say is ...

"Goodbye and farewell photobucket - greed will be your demise"
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale

I participate in a number of boating forums that host their own photos that are posted. They limit the size of the photos you can post, so I guess that makes it manageable. And they archive some discussions that get very old, and lose participation. I'm not a computer guru, so I don't know exactly how that works for them.

Santee, CA it borders San Diego on the NE side

Okay, some good news for a change. Look at page 380, Post 3784. I got the photo there from Imgur. It is kind of large and I don't know how to resized it. Any of you know how? The good thing is I did not have to go through all the steps required to get rid of photobucket's post. Progress for sure. Jim

Jim,

When you open IGMUR go to "Your Images" on the right hand side, beneath where it says "Add Image" you'll see a thing called "Auto Resize"

If you click on that you'll get a Drop Down List of different sizes for your pictures to be automatically resized to. I use 800 X 600 but the choice is yours of course.
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale

Quote Originally Posted by HOexplorer View Post
    Okay, some good news for a change. Look at page 380, Post 3784. I got the photo there from Imgur. It is kind of large and I don't know how to resized it. Any of you know how? The good thing is I did not have to go through all the steps required to get rid of photobucket's post. Progress for sure. Jim
    That's an amazing photo Jim, the definition, even on a biggish monitor is brilliant. Saved to folder.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER