Modell Railroad Links

Page 426 of 440 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4396

Thread: Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thanks, I really enjoy that night scene

2. Default

I understand what you're saying about the wiring. I take it that it's all-or-nothing on a single switch?

For the DCC'ers, I guess this is where stationary decoders come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    I understand what you're saying about the wiring. I take it that it's all-or-nothing on a single switch?

For the DCC'ers, I guess this is where stationary decoders come into play?
    Most use a separate DC power supply for auxiliary items. If you decide to use LED's to light structures etc, resistors are used on one of the LED leads to reduce voltage to them.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Santee, CA it borders San Diego on the NE side

Toot, is correct here. Some of those really smart fellows can hook it all up with DCC. NOT ME. The lights you see are DC and simple 'grain of wheat' bulbs. Since this is a private layout and the lights aren't on 12 hours a day this is a simple fix. Somewhere in this thread is a modern battery operated system that a like. Made in Japan. Good stuff.

On another note. If bare wires bother anyone you can always coat them after soldering with brush on rubber. Easier that trying to cut/strip wire on your back. I never had a problem with the bare wires nor did my cats. Jim

5. Default

Jim -- you continue to astound me with your talent.
    The night scenes are AWESONE!
    Sherrel
    I survived Charles Tillinghast & Carl Ican
    Here, hold my beer!

Thanks Sherrel.

I knew if a searched long enough I could find the bare wire set up for the town lighting. You can see the red and black wires attaching to the metal wires with simple soldering. Also there is the standoff device that is screwed into the wood to keep wires from touching. Jim

Thanks I appreciate the info

Layout # 5

Last p
    art.

TREES. Yep, this layout was a big deal at the time and the fact that I made over 3000 trees was part of it. I wanted to really build something that I had never seen before, basically a layout of great scope and the only way I figured to do this was build it and make it look like the forests of Oregon and Washington. The town was nice all lighted up, but where I come from towns are here and there but trees are everywhere! So I'll finish this layout up with mostly trees.

Hi my name is cliff, drop over and see me sometime.

More trees.

Fun stuff. Jim

I never regret taking time to check on your progress.

Awesome landscape