Modell Railroad Links

Page 432 of 443 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4428

Thread: Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Quote Originally Posted by tootnkumin View Post
    Yes, I noticed your puzzlement about that, but had no explanation. It would seem therefore that they (photobucket) are systematically going through files of members they have and blocking the ones shared. I predict a lot more dissolutioned users.
    Just to clarify it was not Photobucket that 'lost' my photos, but rather this very site here. For example all the photos of my Central Midland Layout went missing/
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...t-w-Pics/page2

Quote Originally Posted by beiland View Post
    I had lots of photos of my Central Midland layout posted on this subject thread, starting at page 2 under the name 'railandsail',.....but where are they??

It documented my theme for the layout as it progressed, and it documented my keeping the layout as 3 distinct sections to eventually allow removal from a rented house.

I use to make links to these photos from other websites, which I thought was a good thing as I was directing other railroaders to this site,...was that not a good thing??

beiland
    There were a number of other subject threads I participated in that had photos I had posted,...that are now missing??

Santee, CA it borders San Diego on the NE side

beiland, Nothing I can really say about this site losing photos. Wouldn't even know how to investigate it! Jim

Jim. How are you getting on with signing in etc to P/B? It's been strange for me, it's still allowing me to copy and paste pictures, several of which are not of my taking. I did lose the option of doing the quick copying from the enlarged picture, only from the thumbnail, for a day. Today it's OK from either. Only thing I'm getting is a popup at the top of the page when doing so, reminding me of the changes to policy. Maybe they've backed off.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

4. Default

I never had any luck with Photobucket, fwiw. As a result, I don't use it.

Toot, I got on PB today. First time since this mess started. I was to angry to even see if I could third party post. I noticed the pictures did not reappear here.

otiscnj, I've had issues but until last week nothing insurmountable. I'm done with them now however. Jim

Default Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Thousands of images promoting goods sold on Amazon and other shopping sites have been removed after a photo-sharing service changed its terms.

Ebay and Etsy have also been affected, in addition to many forums and blogs.

The problem has been caused by Photobucket introducing a charge for allowing images hosted on its platform to be embedded into third-party sites.

The company caught many of its members unaware with the change, prompting some to accuse it of holding them to ransom.

Denver-based Photobucket is now seeking a $399 (309) annual fee from those who wish to continue using it for "third-party hosting" and is facing a social media backlash as a consequence.

The BBC received an automated response when it tried to contact the company and is still seeking comment.
    Policy switch

Photobucket has been online since 2003 and says it has more than 100 million customers and more than 15 billion images on its servers.......more at the link above
    Last edited by beiland; 07-05-2017 at 03:50 PM.

beiland, I have even seen on one forum that maybe P/B had been hacked by a ransomware virus, because the demand was so similar in effect, but that was discounted quickly. It sure seems that they have taken the attitude "if they (hackers) can get away with it, so can we".
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Down, but not out. Under the weather in more ways than one these days. I notice we are just about at 750,000 views. I plan on getting rid of a lot of HO stuff. The Contest will not be a photo comparison like it normally is. Nothing to photograph! It may be something in the way of a drawing. We do have some 'regulars' and no reason you shouldn't be rewarded. More later. Jim
    Last edited by HOexplorer; 07-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Layout #7

Moving up to N Scale

PART ONE

I enjoyed N Scale very much, but time and tide wait for no one. Health and arthritis in the hands made be reuse my Z scale layout. I ripped up everything Z and put down N scale track. I redid the left side of the layout, (where the lighted yard and town was) and built a 'logging' mountain. It has switch back to climb to the top. Never built those before. I will do this in about three parts. No building, just photos. Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b and w short freight.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	641.1 KB 
ID:	62352I like the detail in N

Name:	Autumn.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	62353I had to widen the trestle on top

Name:	Busy2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	474.3 KB 
ID:	62354Start of the switch backs on the left

Name:	Bringing down the logs.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	62355On the switchback.
    Last edited by HOexplorer; 07-16-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Awesome photos