Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dukes of Hazzard Layout! Hazzard Square

Default Dukes of Hazzard Layout! Hazzard Square

This is the Hazzard County Layout I been working on. I have started the Hazzard Square. It's coming along nicely. It's not 100% prototypical to the real Hazzard Square although it's about 75% prototypical.

It's a shame you couldn't find any Superbirds for that layout. They'd be perfect.

;D

Is the giant Dr Pepper can the 25% that's not prototypical?
    Pete - Click here for my Youtube channel

Modelling the Burlington Northern RR from inception to the early '80s

By markings there are at least 3 Dodge Daytona's...By body looks, I'd think they're all Daytona's.

Daytona's had the tail stripe, Superbirds did not.

And you're right he needs more Superbirds. LOL

And it looks like a nice start.
    Last edited by Unfettered; 11-18-2011 at 08:07 AM.

I run my railroad like the prototype....IN THE RED!!!!!!!

Its a great start. Just FYI the real name of the square is Covington Square in Covington, GA. They filmed there for the first 5 episodes before heading west to film the rest of the series. I know there is a rail line that runs just outside the square, believe the Southern owned it (correct me if I am wrong) but last time I checked it was no longer in service.

Keep up. The work and this is the first time I have heard about someone modeling Hazzard as well as trains. Looks to be a fun project.
    Charles Vandergriff

Aspen & Colt Creek Railroad
    "The Cardinal Line"

Be sure to share with us your railroad's story and history!
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...ad.php?t=26234

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LoudMusic View Post
    It's a shame you couldn't find any Superbirds for that layout. They'd be perfect.

;D
    Naw I'm thinking Daisy Duke will make up the other 25%!
    Cool layout!
    My wife always says I don't pay attention, or something like that.

7. Default

That is sweet! One question, where did you get those big lifted trucks?? Ive been looking for lfited trucks for our layout forever. Are they actual HO scale or hotwheels?

Looks good. You will need to set up some little remote control launch mechanism so that when you have visitors viewing the layout, you can shoot the Dukes Charger over the passing train.
    Unfortunantly, there is no 68-70 Charger like the Duke's car available in 1/87 scale so it appears you'll be stuck using larger 1/64 scale cars.
    The layout is looking great so far, and Hazzard Square is looking good to me.

9. Default

awesome idea back when i was 10 i used to watch the show on friday nights with my nephew i had a tyco durango trainset that i was going try to use to model hazzard and at tha time use matchbox cars for my nephew to play with, never happene dtho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim 68cuda View Post
    Looks good. You will need to set up some little remote control launch mechanism so that when you have visitors viewing the layout, you can shoot the Dukes Charger over the passing train.
    HA! I actually used to have a toy that would be perfect for that.
    Pete - Click here for my Youtube channel

Modelling the Burlington Northern RR from inception to the early '80s