Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Turtle Field Layout

1. Default

Thank's !

Here the work on bridge aboutment they are full scratchbuilt to in evergreen :

Quote Originally Posted by bubule View Post
    Some work on rolling stock : Painting an heavyweigth in Rio Grande paint scheme :

Aluminium paint is from Alclad II.

Really dig the Rio Grande car. Nice work on it.
    Charles Vandergriff

Aspen & Colt Creek Railroad
    "The Cardinal Line"

Be sure to share with us your railroad's story and history!
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...ad.php?t=26234

3. Default

Some news of the bridge scene :

4. Default

Hello all !!

Here is a all new video from my layout :

5. Default

Hello All,
    I have on my extension a diamont crossing witch was not so smooth to run. The problem was that the atlas Straith 60┬░ crossing was not the best way to give the right curve :

So i have made a complete revamping of the track of this area:

The hart of the project was to built a diamond crossing in double-curve with the correct 52┬░ that i need :
    Very hard to do in N scale 4 days of hard job 8 hours per day ...

Here is the test video of new tracks, it was lot of work but i think it look better now :

What was the resistor that you use. I am guessing that you had used leds for lighting. what kind of leds and resistors did you use. also the power supply

7. Default

Sorry i dont understand the ligthing you mean? Did you mean the ligthing for the video ?

It's a pair of halogens spotlight.

No I want to use led in my buildings and have no idea how to wire them. I have a normal ho train pack for powering and I don't know what to buy to do this . like what kind of led, resistors. I got some tonight and burned the resistor and led out. had it wired on ther + side and didn't work. please help

Default this photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoomux4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	36108 what was used for the lighting here

10. Default

Ho yes, i understand now !! It is standard 3 or 5 mm yellow pannel LED. On my layout power is provided by a 24 Volts industrial power supply. So i use 1K ohms resistor. If you use standard 14 V from a power pack, better is to use a 640 Ohm resitor.

The law is U=RI
    U tension in volts
    R resistance in ohms
    I current in amps.

So if you want to have the R value, you use this law : R=U/I
    I is the current dropped by the Led (Cf data sheet of the component you have chosen) ,
    U the tension provided by the power pack.

You bring the nearest upper resistor value you will find in electronic store.
    For pannel LED (20mA) 1/2 Watt power is enouth.

If you chose Hight luminosity LED (droping 30mA to 50mA) better is to purchase 1 Watt power.

Never use 1/4 watt !! Too Hot

For polarity it is very simple : if it's work polarity is ok. If don't work polarity need to be inverted.

Resistor is mounted in serial, one resitor on each LED.

My two cent's ...
    Last edited by bubule; 05-24-2013 at 02:40 PM.