Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HO rotary couplers

Default HO rotary couplers

I have rotary couplers for sale. They will replace a KD#5 and allow cars to be dumped in a rotary dumper withour uncoupling, like the prototype. See this link for a photo and more info and contact info.
    http://members.trainorders.com/pmack/dumper.htm

2. Default

KJD,

I'm not in the market for the couplers at the moment, but you would do the modeling world a great service if you could publish instructions on how you modified the Walthers Rotary Dump to work like that. That is a terrific model!
    Jeff Shultz
    Willamette & Pacific - Oregon Electric Branch
    My Railroad and model railroad photos
    Model Railroad Hobbyist Magazine

Thumbs up

Wow! Bet that took some patience!
    Nate
    Susquehanna Hobbies
    www.sushob.com

Incredible!

How about some details on that dumper?
    Dan
    Mr. BN

5. Default Rotary Couplers

Do you still have HO rotary couplers for sale? If so how much are you selling them for?

6. Default

The link above with the pictures of the dumper, was the pit modifed to be shorter?

The rotary dumper kit came with the provision to build it either to dump chip cars or coal cars and I built it for the shorter coal cars so the pit is also shorter.

8. Default

Okey because i just bought a walthers rotory dumper for the paper mill and i ended up makeing alot of modifications to it but it will now dump coal cars all i need to do know is buy rotory couplers or devise a way to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by H710railfan View Post
    Okey because i just bought a walthers rotory dumper for the paper mill and i ended up makeing alot of modifications to it but it will now dump coal cars all i need to do know is buy rotory couplers or devise a way to do it myself.
    I have that new paper mill dumper too. And I plan on using it to dump coal cars.

How or what did you do to modify it to take the coal cars?
    Michael
    Director of the Mile-HI-Railroad
    Prototype: D&RGW

The directions included coal gon provisions, basically, the pit and bridge were shortened.