Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Watch out for flying coffee cups.

Last Post By: WJLI26 Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I know, it's: "Ask not what the NMRA can do for you; but, rather what you can do for the NMRA"! However, I have been seeking numbers on the membership of the NMRA verses the population of Model Railroaders in the U.S. I have been told that membership in the NMRA is around 17,500 people and that...

Last Post By: WJLI26 Today, 10:25 AM Go to last post

Peco Turnouts

I want to replace an Atlas "Snap Switch" with a Peco #4 Turnout, However, when looking at Peco's inventory, I noticed that Peco's terminology does not give the frog angle, they use terms such as: Small Radius, Medium Radius and Large Radius. Also, I assume that because I prefer powered frogs, I...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr Today, 01:55 PM Go to last post

CMX Track Cleaning Car

Thread Starter: GNMT76

What's been your experience and level of satisfaction with the CMX brass track cleaning car? What solvents have you used and which one seems to work best? The manufacturer suggests lacquer thinner. Comments on the effectiveness of the weight of this car (about a pound) - and the point(s) of...

Last Post By: wombat457 03-17-2018, 12:05 AM Go to last post

What is your favorite freight car and why?

So, what is your favorite Freight; or, Passenger Car? This question also includes Cabooses. Mine favorite freight cars are Box Cars! So many colors and road names and different types. Specifically for me, I love the single sheathed-outside braced wood box car. Although at the end of their...

Last Post By: Y3a 03-16-2018, 07:18 AM Go to last post

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Thread Starter: Yannis

Good morning everyone! Following good advice from fellow modelers, reading and research, i have settled on track-plans for two layouts. One for a future space/home, and one for my current home. Key point here is that the current one is derived from the future one. I started off with what i...

Last Post By: Yannis 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM Go to last post