New profile posts

Was it you that I talked to about Conrail gp38-2? My memory is terrible and with losing my original account I am completely lost.
NVSrr1500
NVSrr1500
Yeah it was.
NVSrr1500
NVSrr1500
thought you had sent it already tho.
Jackawanna
Jackawanna
It should be getting there Today?
So do you know Frank Wilson. He started as an engineer in with the Rio Grande in that time period? He's moved on to Amtrak now. I believe he was one of the last engineers to go over Tennessee pass before they closed it.
gjslsffan
gjslsffan
Yea, I remember Frank, nice guy. Those Minturn (TP) Helper (Pueblo) guys were a different bunch. I always enjoyed those Pueblo "Cuz'es", good engineers. Nothing like coming out of the tunnel atop TP and see the tracks disappear on that 3.5% grade. Sometimes you needed to pull the seat cushion out of your butt when you got to Minturn LOL.
Does anybody know any good kits for converting DC engines to DCC? I have a 14xx 0-4-2 BR Locomotive, I am unclear if it is Bachmann, Hornby, or any other.. All help would be nice, am looking to also change out couplings to fit with the club's other rolling stock.
I'm in same boat as you with this Digitrax DCS 210+ for me. I'm new to this game and the terminology is foreign to me plus I'm not a programming engineer. I can't even figure out if I have box set up for programming properly.....are you up and running yet???
Left Facebook and missed my train discussions. Was a member here many moons ago...
Im new to this site. I'ma need a lot of info. Inherited a hugh collection of trains and everything that goes with. Would like to build a scenic layout. Im working with HO Scale.
Polar Express S scale front pickup not making good contact or the wire is broken inside the connection. I know I can repair it or even modify to make a better pickup but want to see if that's a known problem for this model. It's still under warranty and I know it won't be if I do any mods.
I appreciate any help someone may offer.
Hi Bob, For some reason I am not able to Reply to questions or add input to messages to Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber thread or any others. Did I sign myself out or something?? Help please.
I notice from your homosote post that you are in Alaska. Where abouts? I'm up here too.
PMW- I have several undecorated covered hoppers, gondolas and a couple tank cars, all without trucks or couplers.
Most of the hoppers are off white color.
Are you experienced enough to paint, decal, add trucks and couplers to models?
If interested, please email me at floydm358rod@gmail.com so I can email you some pictures.
Thanks,
Mike Floyd (PNKFLOYD)
Iron Horseman
Iron Horseman
Sorry, for some reason I am just now seeing this post. Short answer is yes, I have a large amount of experience of working on equipment for re-trucking, couplers, detailing, painting, and applying decals (actually tricky to get it right). And I would love to help you, but my issue is time. I've got a back log of projects (and I don't mean model train projects) that are consuming all my non-work waking hours.
Hello, I am John from Indiana, I just joined a few days ago and I would like to start a thread on my layout. I saw how to add a photo to youir post; but how do you start and post a thread?
Thanks
goscrewyourselves
goscrewyourselves
John,
So starting a thread is pretty easy,
1. Go to the "Project Room - Layout and Construction" Forum
2. Click on that Forum - when you do another page will open with all the threads in that Forum
3. At the top of that page you will see a long BOX with the word "Thread title" in it
4. Click in that Box and write the name of your thread ie "John's Layout" then click on "Post Thread"
Hope that explains it
Tony
looking at severe space limitations for my layout at home. I think I can eke out a 3ft by 4ft space in my computer room. Any advice on what is the largest train size to fit the small layout space. I am trying to avoid smaller scale trains as I have arthritis in both hands. Thanks for your input. As I live in suburban Phoenix AZ it is too hot for a garden layout.
N
northside_Johnny
Friends your silence is stunning! What if I told you I want to start a model RR club in my community's recreation center where better layout space may be available? Any words of wisdom/ comment welcome.
N
northside_Johnny
Insomniac ravings again: No input makes me feel very lonely here. Have I offended anyone???
N
northside_Johnny
Farewell !!!
Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
Unknown

Back