New profile posts

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Justin, I finally got the box to the USPS. Tracking number is 9505 5152 3277 8173 2524 18. Chances are by the time the tracking shows any progress it will be in your hands. Drop me a note when it shows up.
chessie_system3
chessie_system3
Will do.
chessie_system3
chessie_system3
I received your package. The misses loves it as does my daughter. Thank you so much. We do greatly appreciate it.
Justin, the COHS sent the items to me even though I put your address in the Send To block. I will get it mailed as soon as I can.
chessie_system3
chessie_system3
Lol gotta love it when that happens. Sorry it took me a few days to reply. No rush on them send them when you can.
Don't but the pick Engineer Kit. It is on the way to your daughter. You will learn, buy for one better buy for both.
chessie_system3
chessie_system3
Oh! Well ok then! I greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much. She will love it.
You don't have to do that. But I'll gladly accept it as anything is greatly appreciated. I'll end up on there myself soon doing some shopping. My address:
Justin Deskins
1 Frankie Lane #3
Elkview, WV 25071
Thank you so much.
Nice work on your structures. Your new room is well on its way for a new layout. Thanks for sharing.

Greg
Hey just saw the pic of your yellow Walthers switcher, beautiful!
All my switchers for the paper mill are yellow.
I'd love to see pics of your Carrgil plant!
Hi Bob, now that everybody's post count has been zero'ed out, I would like to have my username changed in a manner like you did with 'WJLI26', now known as 'Boris'. I haven't done any CSX modeling for over 5 years, and I think it's time I adopt a moniker that is more roadname-neutral: IronBeltKen. Could you please walk me thru the name-change process like you did with Joe? ...Thanks
bob
bob
The process is simple, and you don't lose any of your old content. All you need to do is tell me you're ready to switch over. When I change it, you'll have to log in with the new name.
bob
bob
Also, your post count is still there (5k+) it's just the silly "new member" thing that's confused.
IronBeltKen
IronBeltKen
Thanks Bob, that was totally painless!
Would I be able to go back to my old forum name (that I use consistently on several other forums), and still have my older postings follow me?
I use to be 'railandsail' on this forum, like I still use on several others,...rather than 'beiland'

It would just be more consistent for me to use the same across the spectrum.
Hi Bruce -

I just noticed that you sent me a message last September! I apologize for failing to respond sooner.

I developed my track plan as an N-scale version of John Allen's famous HO Gorre & Daphetid RR. I was not aware of the Hakuhodo Branch.

I wanted my railroad to be lightweight, which is why I used extruded polystyrene (XPS) foam with 1x4 and 1x3 benchwork. I have no regrets. XPS is very easy to work with and has proven to be sturdy and stable. I used various thicknesses of XPS, from 1/4 inch for retaining walls and abutments, to 3/4-inch for the baseboard and "cookie cutter" sub-roadbed, to 2-inch for the risers.

Once the layout is finished and scenicked, there is no way to tell if it is made with traditional hardshell techniques or with foam until you need to move the layout -- then you know it utilizes a lightweight construction technique.

My response is probably too late to be of any use to you. Whatever you decided, I hope it is working out for you.

- Jeff
Hi,

Let me know if you cannot find any of the 3M 950's.

I can send you a box to get you started.

Frederick
Hi
Do you still have the NCE power cab? If so, price, shipped to Casa Grande , AZ please. Can I PayPal you but you don't send the package until October 12th? We are leaving this Saturday for a two week trip.
Thanks, and a good day.
Hi, In browsing the internet I see that back in 2012 you started on a variation of the Hakuhodo Branch, which I plan on using as a basis for my layout, and I was intrigued by the idea of using foam board to form the risers for your layout. Did you encounter any problems during construction or afterwards?
Also, after running on the layout, did it work out well and make for interesting operating sessions? Finally, is there anything you would have changed?

After many, many years away from the hobby, I'm committing myself to a 36 x 80 board, N scale DCC set up.

Thanks,
Bruce Monte Sr
Casa Grande, AZ
T
Chet, Thanks for the invite. Tom

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com