Z Scale Timesaver

Toyguy

I thought I'd post a few pics of the Z scale Timesaver I am building. I got the track work finished, along with all the wiring and I've had a go at it. It's a lot of fun, even though I switched myself into an unrecoverable corner on the first attempt :)

Here's an overall view. Right now it is on a 5' x 1' board with 1x2 risers for legs. I am thinking about taking it to DCC and if I do I should be able to cut it down to about 4'.

DSC00664.jpg

Just your standard Atlas switch controls for the remote turnouts.

DSC00666.jpg

Here's the GP-9 backing the last boxcar into its siding.

DSC00669.jpg

Finally, I started construction on a Micro Trains warehouse as one of the structures to be used when I scenic this. This is just the shell assembled and lightly painted with a pale yellow. Next I add the under-roof for a bit more strength, then start on the trims.

DSC00668.png

Hi guy, :)

Just noticed your really cool timesaver. If you get some scenery in place, you can submit some pics with a little write up to:

Small Layout Scrapbook

They use a constant flow of new layout submissions for the two scrapbook chapters a month they publish.

Greg

Things are coming along. I finally finished the MicroTrains warehouse and got it added to the layout, which now has some basic scenery done to it. I made a few mistakes but this was a learning opportunity anyway so it's all good. I wasn't that impressed with the kit though. I would have to reconsider buying any more MTL structures. It was clear this was a quick and dirty downscale of their larger versions of the warehouse and many of the parts didn't fit properly.

I'm currently building another supply depot from Stonebridge Models, which appears to be a much higher quality kit, and need to work on some bushes and trees.

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

Back