Your Layout After Dark

max diyer

How about posting some photos or video from your layout, with the room lights turned down and the layout lights turned up? It can be an arc welder or the entire layout. I'd like to see them all. I'm sure a similar thread has been posted and I looked back in the archives, but lost interest in the search after a short while. Besides, new photos would be great. Thanks for the posts!

Jim this is a good idea! I think, I should have some videos of my Christmas trains running with no room lighting on my previous layout. Right now I'm sidelined with an injury, when I can go up to my train room/office/playpen I will see if I can find them and post them.

Mels2.jpg

How about posting some photos or video from your layout, with the room lights turned down and the layout lights turned up?
The layout no longer exists, but... Platte City Union Station after Denver Union Station.
index.php

And just to the east down the platform the Railway Express Agency folks prepare for the midnight arrival of ummm, I think, the westbound White Buffalo Express train.
index.php

Chet:

I like your period stop signs being "black on white" rather than the more modern "black on yellow". Nice touch.

Greg

Looking good thanks all for sharing! Am I missing how to tell what scale they are? That said if I cant tell it is even better job lol

Looking good thanks all for sharing! Am I missing how to tell what scale they are? That said if I cant tell it is even better job
Mine are HO. The loco PV&W #153 is a Proto Heritage 0-8-0. It was originally painted for CP. In the second phhoto the cars in the foreground are Athearn blue box, and the passenger car in the background is a Walthers (don't remember the line. Probably a 932 series based on th).

Mine are HO. The loco PV&W #153 is a Proto Heritage 0-8-0. It was originally painted for CP. In the second phhoto the cars in the foreground are Athearn blue box, and the passenger car in the background is a Walthers (don't remember the line. Probably a 932 series based on th).
Thanks yours was hard to figure out. Some of the others I figured out from the vehicles. I am trying to get back in the train room after many years. Trying to get buildings built and placed. Lighting will come later I guess.

Charles...WOW.

Some other great night time scenes and modeling. I sure like the Woodland Scenics Just Plug system, but these transformer size lead wires are a pain to work with and after installation they keep getting in the way.

I found that after the light pole is secure, I take the leads and wrap them around a pencil and to make a coil from the wires. Then just pull what I need to reach the Lighting Hub. No more rat nests of wires or at least kept at a minium.

Greg

I'll second that WOW! Charles. What scale is that? It looks too detailed for HO.
Greg - Good advice, I don't use the WS system but I think I can still use your idea.
I'm using the cheap Chinese lights and they need a resistor that needs to go under the street and rigging that up is a pain.

Back