Yankee Dabbler and Steve's Depot

N

NP2626

I have just purchased some stuff from Yankee Dabbler's online store and found them to be the only place I've dealt with lately that does not mark shipping prices way up, the way the majority of on-line shops do!! Of all these items are of a similar weight and size: Yankee Dabbler Charged $3.00. I'm not going to list who made the following shipping charges, only the price they charged: $8.95, $7.15, $9.95, $8.11 and $10.95. I find this to be reason enough to always look at Yankee Dabblers first, before a purchase!

Also, a company that I have done quite a bit of buying through, Steve's Depot states at their home page: Store Closing Sale 5% Off All Listed Steve's Prices*

Free Shipping On All Orders Over $50 *5% discount reflected in shopping cart.

Does anyone know, is Steve's Depot going out of business?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the question is: does anyone know if Steve's Depot is going out of business?

Yes, it does. That is what prompted me to ask if they are going out of business? Does the statement "Store Closing Sale" necessarily mean a company is going out of business?

I'd suggest that "Store Closing" would imply they are going out of business. If the were just moving to another store, for example, you'd think they'd specify that.

Just now, I emailed Steve's Depot asking them to clarify what is meant by "Store Closing Sale". My guess is, it is likely safe to assume they are quitting business.

As far as learning how to use JMRI's Decoder Pro, the best Tutorial I've found so far, has been videos by Larry Pucket, The DCC Guy from Model Railroader's DCC Corner. Here is his website: http://www.dccguy.com/ When you get there, go to his Search tab in the upper right corner and type in Videos. One of the videos at his site is called "Getting Started with Decoder Pro". Very thorough and Mr. Pucket is a great guy and very helpful.

Back