WPF for Sep 17 - Sep 23, 2010

Selector

We seem to have missed our usual mid-day start to this thread.

A PRR Q2 is diverging onto a mine spur to Sentinel Coal.

StackQ2_Final.png

Very nice Gents, well done!
Here's my long lost nephew who I re-met a couple weeks ago pulling into Lake Winifred Station:

Love 'em all!!!

From me, a blast from the recent past:

Another thread seeking info on the 1975-1976 American Freedom Train gave me cause to look for some of my images. Found this on another site.

This is the header pic from an ad for AFT decal sets. This was from the first train I built...

accuen_header.jpg

Johnny

A little slow around here this week but the quality of the work isn't suffering any.
Micheal - Love your excursion train, goes great with the station
Zak, Johnny, SW all very nice work and shots.
Rico - Looks like the Nephew is glad he re-met you.

Here's the layout I built for my older son back in the '80s. It was a 4x4 with a 12 inch wide shelf. We had a lot of fun with it but then we needed the room for his younger brother. The three of us would use it as the starting point of the current layout in 1997.
Now they're building real cars and Dad's still working on the railroad.

Thanks Gary. That sure was a nice little layout, and includes hotwheels! Very nice. :)

It's definatley slow here lately, where's everybody at? :confused:

Here's a nice looking coal drag near Denver.

2585.1271120766.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Here's the layout I built for my older son back in the '80s...."

Fannie May Candies?? Do they have no down loans on Graham Cracker houses???

"Here's the layout I built for my older son back in the '80s...."

Fannie May Candies?? Do they have no down loans on Graham Cracker houses???

Ah, that I made from a box of candy they made to look like one of their stores. It came out pretty well and I wanted to keep things simple (and cheap) for the boys.

Motley - Yeah so what my boys doing now? Hot rodding a 1975 Monte Carlo. I guess the Hot Wheels had a bigger effect on them then the trains.:cool:
Here's a few more. Enjoy!

Gary,

For a "little, cheap" 4x4 layout, that looked pretty darned good! I'll bet the boys loved it!

And maybe, one day down the road when they get older and get the "hot rods" out of their systems, get married and settle down... maybe the ol' model railroading bug will bite them! At least they've been "exposed" to it!

Regards,
Tom

Gary,

For a "little, cheap" 4x4 layout, that looked pretty darned good! I'll bet the boys loved it!

Thank you, Tom. Actually my younger son never had too much of a chance to, he ended up building an 'N' scale 3X2 that had to be the best example of what can be done on almost zero budget.

And maybe, one day down the road when they get older and get the "hot rods" out of their systems, get married and settle down... maybe the ol' model railroading bug will bite them! At least they've been "exposed" to it!

Regards,
Tom

I figure one day they'll decide to re-claim their 'toys' and I'll have a bunch of holes in the layout to fill in. :(

Back