Wpf 4/8-4-15

Didn't see one started so guess ill start one.........

My sd70 ace on the club layout at a local train show Saturday!
trainshow4_zps0ce7e6d9.jpg

'Bout time! :rolleyes:

I managed to get the rest of the fencing done for the hillside. Still have a lot to do in the area, but it is shaping up little by little.

HillScenery25w_zps84c5dd63.png

HillScenery26w_zps20aa19c2.png

HillScenery27w_zps40dcc602.png

Here's a paint job that I did many years ago for one of my club members. Often times you hear that using the prototype's real paint doesn't work well on a model. Well here it does. It's real GM&O maroon lacquer. Talk about a shine on it prior to weathering.

F7GMampO_zps5504e87c.png

Don't pay any attention to the handrails. I painted the loco about 18 years ago, and they have since been damaged. It is a Stewart/Kato drive under the hood and they are very quiet, and extremely smooth. This was just one unit of two ABA sets I painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

I really like your first picture -- the blur of the static objects and the sharp focus on your UP units makes it looks like you're shooting from a helicopter. But then it struck me that both of your UP units are in focus. Are we watching a race? :D

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Kevin,

I really like your first picture -- the blur of the static objects and the sharp focus on your UP units makes it looks like you're shooting from a helicopter. But then it struck me that both of your UP units are in focus. Are we watching a race? :D

Regards,
Tom Stockton

yes we had them going around racing for alittle while the kids really like to see them race.....:D

custom decals i had done up came today. now i can move forward and finish the nysw sd60's i've been building.
0410131553.png

0410131550.png

Back