Wpf 12/23 - 12/30

Congratulations on the little tax deduction! Just remember, it's never to early to get the little ones interested in trains!

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a boy! Thanks to all for the congrats! Since he was fine and mom was fine I made the mistake of saying something about the extra tax credit and boy, was that a mistake! The wife and sister in law both laid into me. I'll just secretly keep that in my head. As far as a train set, no nothing yet. He was 4 weeks early and I didn't have a car seat yet. What a crazy 2 days! We are home now and all is going well. I hope everyone has a great new year!!!

ironcinbllue89 .... Congrats on the new born engineer. .... 2 of our 5 kids have December 31st birthdays, and we have all joke about the tax break ever since. Now they are in their 30's. ... So, it was not a mistake to say something about the tax break. You should razz family members for having no sense of humor.

Happy New Year, everybody!

The town had an "Old Fashion Christmas" this year on the 18th of December. We were supposed to display the Christmas Forest then but ended up in the hospital instead. Since it was so much work getting to the point we are at, we just showed the incomplete display on New Years Eve.

The gymnasium trees (12 I think). We never got all the trees decorated. We were going to have fake packages under the trees too. Inside loop is a Kalamazoo 4-4-0 with disconnect log buggies. Next was a LGB 2-6-0 with mixed train. Then the K-27 (see below), the outside is another Kalamazoo 4-4-0 with a stock train and drover's caboose.
GymLobbyChristmasSideOn2013.jpg
GymLobbyTrees2013.jpg

The newest addtion, a Bachmann K-27 with a string of reefers.
GymLobbyChristmasK272013.jpg

The controls. MRC, PFM sound, Phoenix Sound, and DCC. Note also all the train games in the display case across the isle. I see Rails Through the Rockies, B&O C&O, Steven's Rocket, China Rails, Dispatcher, and Union Pacific. We don't have a case big enough for all of them.
ChristmasControls2013.jpg

The hot coco, coffee, and cookie station. This tree was going to get the Lionel 2-8-4 Century Club II train, but it did not make it to the party. And of course the Children's layout. Lionel battery powered trains.
GymLobbycocostation.jpg
ChildrensChristmas2013.jpg

Main Lobby Twelve trees. The big 15' tree was also never fully assembled so we took it down. It would have gone between the two white ones. Train service is two Bachmann 4-6-0 Annies in Christmas colors, A Marx 2-4-2, and a the only Diesel in the line up a Lionel GP40.
MainLobbyChristmas2013-3.jpg
MainLobbyChristmas2013-5.jpg

MainLobbyTrees22013.jpg
MainLobbyTrees1-2013.jpg
MainLobbyChristmas2013-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My new addition today! View attachment 41093

Congrats! Kids are a blast, enjoy him! Also enjoy sleeping while you can and get used to not having free time haha! I asked the doctor what the return policy is after our daughter was born. My wife wasn't super thrilled with that one! As for the topic, I'm currently trying to salvage a coop I built and weathered but turned out looking like crap. At least it'll keep me busy

Back