Wpf 08/15 - 08/22

Kudos Ironhorseman. appl.gif That was a great video. Hadn't seen it before. I never got to see any of the steam powered Hiawathas. We took the Milwaukee Road to Milwaukee through to Chicago numerous times and never got to see one of those beauties. A couple of my uncles has a few photos of them hanging on their wall, but out here in Montana the Hiawathas we pulled by electrics and then diesels east of Harlowtown. Nice modeling work on that train.

Nice modeling work on that train.
Well, I would like to take some credit there, but I can't. This is a Fox Valley set (2010?) basically straight out of the box. I did research to get the consist and orientation of the cars correct, but I did very little modeling for it. I just did the light weathering (mostly on trucks and steps) which doesn't show up well in video. I put some smoke "stain" over the top of the Loco and first couple cars but didn't like it so I undid it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I would like to take some credit there, but I can't. This is a Fox Valley set (2010?) basically straight out of the box. I did research to get the consist and orientation of the cars correct, but I did very little modeling for it. I just did the light weathering (mostly on trucks and steps) which doesn't show up well in video. I put some smoke "stain" over the top of the Loco and first couple cars but didn't like it so I undid it.

Do you have a copy of the track plan on this layout?

Do you have a copy of the track plan on this layout?
Sure do. Here is one directly from the museum's web site. It basically snakes up one side to Quartz Mountain and twists its way down the other, while Coo's Bay is on a branch.
OCEDiagram_Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the track plan. I have seen a few posts and articles about it, as well as a few videos, but never saw the track plan.

Thanks again,..................Chet

Nice work everyone!

I've gotten a little farther on the peninsula. Most of the painting for the completed areas is done, only some odds and ends left. I've started adding dirt in areas. Ground foam and static grass will be added on top of this in the next step.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 173

Back