Wooden Caboose

I built this caboose around 1975 IIRC. It started out just plain Balsa wood. The wood grain didn't look good so I cut a 3x5 card for my boards and glued them on one at a time. :rolleyes: At the time all I had were Lionel trucks, so I put a pair of them on. I then painted it but thought some weathering would help since it was to be pulled behind cars with 70's paint schemes. After two moves it was in pretty sad shape. So rather than get rid of it, I rebuilt it and put scale trucks and Kadee couplers on it. I put it away and promptly forgot about it. Well I needed a test subject for my new digital camera and decided to shoot it. Well now I see some more improvements to make, like paint the under body and floor for starters. :D I really like how my camera preforms, it sure showed the zits and stuff that this caboose has. :D
Greg

Greg,

Considering you made this caboose 32 years ago by hand, I'd say it looks great!!!!!! Your camera does a great job also!!

Thanks Jerome. I'm really pleased with my camera too. Believe it or not, but I had the camera about 4" from the caboose on the table. I was really surprised about the depth of field. Not only is the whole caboose in focus but the dang chair behind it is pretty sharp too. :D I also need to add break wheels, air resivior and so on.

Greg

Back