Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

I always liked the Preiser wagons. I wish they would have done additional parade wagons. The details are great. Took me a while to get them all.

Preiser returns for the next release with #22102, the Hagenbeck Wallace 2 Arch Cage Wagon. Another beauty.

IMG_5992.JPG

Since part of the point of this whole exercise is leading to the Great Circus Parade, it is fitting that the next release is a wagon that was actually for the parade.
Next up is Preiser release #22150 the AG Barnes Baggage Wagon with a hitch of horses.

IMG_5987.JPG

The next release was provided by Preiser once again, #22152, the Hagenbeck Wallace 2 Arch Cage Wagon, with a two horse hitch. You might note the cage also has an occupant.

IMG_5986.JPG

The last wagon in the series is #22153, the Hagenbeck Wallace 3 Arch Cage Wagon, with a two horse hitch, by Preiser. Also with an occupant.

IMG_5988.JPG

The 3 arch was the last wagon, but Walthers had a few releases left in the Great Circus Train Accessories series, all provided by Preiser. I'm going to put them in the next 9 posts, these are not my pix, so credit to the original photographer, these are just used for educational purposes. I have managed to acquire each one of these.

Preiser #22000 was an awesome marching band, this can fetch a pretty penny on the auction sites. Wouldn't it look great in your Circus Parade???

preiser22000.jpg

You may have noticed a couple of numbers were skipped in the Great Circus Train Accessories series, I have no info what so ever about those 3 numbers.

You may also have noticed I skipped numbers 1390 and 1391 in the GCT wagon series, those two kits were a Barnes chassis and a Gollmar chassis to finish your wagons in a different time period. The main difference was wooden parade wheels or rubber wheels, I think.

Last edited:

Back