Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to your Virtual Model Railroad Club on the web. Want join in the convesations?

Register for your free membership today!

eric2448

I always liked the Preiser wagons. I wish they would have done additional parade wagons. The details are great. Took me a while to get them all.

joe circus

Since part of the point of this whole exercise is leading to the Great Circus Parade, it is fitting that the next release is a wagon that was actually for the parade.
Next up is Preiser release #22150 the AG Barnes Baggage Wagon with a hitch of horses.

IMG_5987.JPG

joe circus

The next release was provided by Preiser once again, #22152, the Hagenbeck Wallace 2 Arch Cage Wagon, with a two horse hitch. You might note the cage also has an occupant.

IMG_5986.JPG

joe circus

The last wagon in the series is #22153, the Hagenbeck Wallace 3 Arch Cage Wagon, with a two horse hitch, by Preiser. Also with an occupant.

IMG_5988.JPG

joe circus

The 3 arch was the last wagon, but Walthers had a few releases left in the Great Circus Train Accessories series, all provided by Preiser. I'm going to put them in the next 9 posts, these are not my pix, so credit to the original photographer, these are just used for educational purposes. I have managed to acquire each one of these.

joe circus

Preiser #22000 was an awesome marching band, this can fetch a pretty penny on the auction sites. Wouldn't it look great in your Circus Parade???

preiser22000.jpg

joe circus

You may have noticed a couple of numbers were skipped in the Great Circus Train Accessories series, I have no info what so ever about those 3 numbers.

You may also have noticed I skipped numbers 1390 and 1391 in the GCT wagon series, those two kits were a Barnes chassis and a Gollmar chassis to finish your wagons in a different time period. The main difference was wooden parade wheels or rubber wheels, I think.

Last edited:

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.