Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

As we get to installment 10 of the Walthers wagon series, we arrive at #933-1369, the pole wagon. Red resin casting with some detail parts to add, most notably some wooden poles. This one is missing a support and a couple of poles.
IMG_5856.JPGIMG_5857.JPG

Up next was a Commissary Wagon, #933-1370. Green resin casting this time, the decal set was shared with the Hippo Wagon, the Ticket Wagon, the Commissary Wagon and upcoming wagon #933-1371.
IMG_5858.JPGIMG_5861.JPGIMG_5862.JPG

Those 3/4" wagons ( and flat cars ) are amazing!!! I can't even imagine the work that goes into them. One doesn't exactly order the kit and glue it together...lol Where in Florida did they come from?

Those 3/4" wagons ( and flat cars ) are amazing!!! I can't even imagine the work that goes into them. One doesn't exactly order the kit and glue it together...lol Where in Florida did they come from?

The Spencer Bros. Circus came from Gibtown Fl., by way of Carnival ownere and circus fan Jim Elliott. He had them stored in a shipping container for at least 25-30 years. He had got them from a relative of the original builder. They are amazing works of art and are a very proud part of my collection. More of these wagons and trains to come....

In the collection was another generator No.59. This wagon was in bad shape, the doors were all warped and the interior was as well. I am currently rebuilding it and plan to change it from wooden wheels to pneumatic tires.
SB59b.JPG
SB59e.JPG
SB59g.JPG

I had a friend cast me some wheels from a master he had. I believe the starting point was wheels from a 'Nylint' truck. This is the wagon as it sits today. Need to add hardware, undergear and then it's off to the paint shop. The last thing I'll do is the interior details.

DSCN9767.JPG
DSCN9768.JPG

Back