Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

This gave me some inspiration to do something with the large collection I bought a few years ago that was 98% all circus related stuff. Most of the rolling stock still brand new in boxes along with wagons, vehicles, concession stands all new in the box. Ive been wanting to do up a circus * carnival display

This gave me some inspiration to do something with the large collection I bought a few years ago that was 98% all circus related stuff. Most of the rolling stock still brand new in boxes along with wagons, vehicles, concession stands all new in the box. Ive been wanting to do up a circus * carnival display
Cool, be sure to post progress pictures.

DSCN1391.JPG

Here is one of 10 of the Ringling Bros. U.S. Army Hospital cars I am building in HO scale. These are old school Walther's kits long out of production that I have had for years. The cars will be painted aluminum with black underbodies.

Some time ago it was asked about a list of the wagons that Walthers produced for their version of the Great Circus Train. A list was posted in this thread. I thought it would be of interest to post pix of each of the wagons.

The series was sold by subscription ( 1989-1990 ) and in hobby shops, and a new car package and wagon were made available monthly. The first in the series was the Trunk wagon, #933-1360. It came as a red resin casting and included decals for the Clyde Beatty Circus, the Cole Bros Circus, the Sparks Circus, and the Ringling Brother & Barnum & Bailey Circus.
IMG_5820.JPGIMG_5822.JPGIMG_5823.JPGIMG_5824.JPG

Some time ago it was asked about a list of the wagons that Walthers produced for their version of the Great Circus Train. A list was posted in this thread. I thought it would be of interest to post pix of each of the wagons.

The series was sold by subscription ( 1989-1990 ) and in hobby shops, and a new car package and wagon were made available monthly. The first in the series was the Trunk wagon, #933-1360. It came as a red resin casting and included decals for the Clyde Beatty Circus, the Cole Bros Circus, the Sparks Circus, and the Ringling Brother & Barnum & Bailey Circus.

Hope so. Johnny, I would love it as we went along with these if you could post suggestions/examples of details to add or examples of the wagons you've done conversions on.

Oh yeah, maybe some correct colors of ones you know about.

Last edited:
This is a Life Like dog wagon that I highly modified for a 2 car show I built a few years ago. I boarded up the the dog cages and added details to the sides. I'll post more pictures of it. I also added the canvas top to it. The canvas is made from tinfoil.
10498278_1024614637568359_3274139995744417981_o.jpg

Back