Who is the manufacturer of older trucks and semis?

N

NP2626

I had asked this question before and someone answered my question; but, it was not a name I see in the main stream. They make very nice models of trucks and Semis from the maybe 30 to late 50s.

Thanks!

Did you look at the offerings from Classic Metal works? They might have something to fit your needs.

I have and that is not the company I'm thinking of. However, thanks for your help!

Mark, Alloy Form has some. I was looking at their site yesterday looking for a fire truck for Johnny, and there just doesn't seem to be as many as there were years ago and the prices have gone through the roof. Mostly Macks. I put a number of them together years ago. Atheran has some C series Ford cab overs which were introduced in 1957. Probably too new for you. Here's a link. Looks like they are now part of another company, along with SS LTD.

http://scale-structures.com/

Sylvan is the one I was thinking about, thanks! So, does anyone sell them; or, do I need to go directly to the Mfger?

I have also seen them available on some internet retailer sites. Some of them really look good, but I don't think I would have the patience to paint them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also seen them available on some internet retailer sites. Some of them really look good, but I don't think I would have the patience to paint them.

Thar's my excuse...I am really tempted to order the Sylvan Seagrave Ladder truck, It's just what I'm looking for, but that's a lot of "precision" painting in addition to assembly.

Joe - I used the excuse first. May have to charge you for copyright infringement. Grin.gif

That would really take some excellent paint work.

The Sylvan website seems to be inactive! Other than being able to see the inventory, I can't access any more information on their models. I want to know what Sylvan's price was/is for a particular model, before buying it on Ebay! Many Ebay sellers want to sell their wares for more than you can pay the original manufacturers. Is $19.00 about what Sylvan was asking?

There's also ULRICH - if you have some gold to trade?
Prices have skyrocketed since they closed shop, but every now and then a reasonable one comes by.

Look on Ebay.

Older trucks AS KITS : The best is Jordan Miniatures. I have a FLEET of 1930's Model "A"s in many configurations. Also a nice Erie B-2 Steam Shovel.

Jordan went out of Business about a year ago. Did someone pick-up the line? Also I'm looking for pre 1953 trucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OH CRAP!!! Looks like I'm gonna spend a few hunned bucks on some cranes and steam shovels!

So, $43.00 later I have a Sylvan White tractor and Fruehauf trailer on order! At that price, I don't think I'm going to have many semis on my layout

I've been looking for unusual 1930's and 1940's era large single frame delivery/moving trucks. One I've never identified but wanted one badly is the large delivery truck featured in the 1949 movie "Mighty Joe Young", a stop-motion SPFX movie (Ray Harryhausen). Toward the end of the movie they sneak Joe onto a large truck and get out of town, only to arrive at the scene of the burning orphanage. I've only ever seen that style truck in a Batman short. Also from the late 1940's.

Back