Where to buy paste solder?

deanej

I'm getting ready to build an American Model Builders CB&Q Wood Waycar and they call for the Taurus metal ladder to be assembled using paste solder. Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting as I research it.

The main brand seems to be Solder-It. I can find it on the internet from such places as Micro-Mark, but the shipping costs for a small item like that far exceed the cost of the item.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of store locally might sell such a product?

Thanks.

Deane

An Electronics specialty store. We have one here called Forbes that carries things like that. I've seen it offered in "syringes" of about 20cc, and also in small tins of about 3 times as much.

I don't think we have any electronic specialty stores in Omaha. I checked the Radio Shack web site and they don't have it.

It may be used in jewelry making activities. We have a place called Beads, Inc, that I will check tomorrow.

Problem solved. Nothing in the yellow pages under electronics, went to a couple of hobby type jewelry DIY stores, a huge craft center, and a DIY silversmith store. Nothing.

Came home and decided to check Home Depot and Lowes on the internet. Believe it or not, Lowes had the same brand as all of the web sites (Solder-It) in the syringe dispenser for $3.47. The on-line sites were $5.95 to $8.00 for the same thing. Go figure. Also picked up a small Solder-It butane torch.

My thanks to everyone here for their suggestions, especially to MGWSY who very generously offered to send me some if I couldn't find it. Thanks, now I won't need to trouble you.

Deane

Back