Where Are The So. Calif. Z Scale Layouts?

I am seeking Z scale home and club layouts in Southern California to exhibit as part of an on-going layout tour program sponsored by my Yahoo group, Model Railroads of Southern California.

Since 2006 the group has sponsored fourteen free, self-guided layout tours featuring well over a hundred home and club layouts from Santa Barbara to San Diego and out through the Inland Empire. The group also organized the layout tours for the 2008 national conventions of the NMRA and the Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society.

We have featured layouts in HO, O, and S scales plus garden railroads, however, we have yet to feature even one Z scale layout.

The layout line-up for our next tour in the Santa Barbara area on January 31 is locked-in. The line-ups for our Bakersfield-Tehachapi tour on March 14 and 15, and other up-coming tours are wide open. How about adding your Z scale layout to the mix?

Z scale (I really don’t need to tell you) has made some great strides in quality and equipment variety. Your Z scale layout can help introduce more modelers and the public to this versatile, space-saving scale.

If you wish to open your home layout for an upcoming tour, or if you would like additional information before committing to a tour, please contact me off-list at the e-mail address below.

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro
Model Railroads of Southern California
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California/
Hemet, CA
chiefbobbb@verizon.net

Back