What's Your Favorite Prototype Railroad Logo?

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I posted the thread about abbreviated railroad names and reporting marks and then thought about prototype railroad logos and which one or ones were my favorites. I like the logo of the Western Pacific railroad with its feather and also the logo of the Baltimore and Ohio with its colorful theme.

1548519913943.png

I found this one and didn't know it existed!

What are you favorite logos and why do you like them over others?

Greg

I thought about the Florida East Coast. But it is a little bit too elaborate.
images

florida-east-coast-railway.html

I really like the OLD Denver Rio Grande. But it is very dated and stodgy.
150px-Logo_of_the_Denver_and_Rio_Grande_Western_Railroad.png.png

I really like the new Denver & Rio Grande Western but it is too orange. I don't know why they didn't stick with the Aspen Gold.
images

I've always liked the Great Northern Goat but don't know why they chose a red background. It always clashed with the orange reefers and green locomotives they put this logo on. The more modern white outline goat was better, but still can't call it my "favorite".
images

Then there are the really interesting ones like the Belfast & Moosehead Lake. Thinking also of the MNSL cross logo in this category.
200px-BMLRR_logo.png

But "favorite" has to be both simple AND interesting. So that takes me to either the Rock Island or Frisco or modern MoPac screaming eagle.
frisco-railroad-logo.jpg
RockIsland_logo.gif
220px-Missouri_Pacific_Screaming_Eagle_Herald.png

But would I really want to hang one of those on my wall? So finally I really like the fancy Pennsy logo. Elegant, a tad of color. Red offset by the black and gold. Yes, I would hang this as a picture on my wall. But even then I wish it said "Pennsylvania Railroad".
pennsylvania_railroad_logo_black_gold_mousepads-r2ece458a8b1640018024b79fce2131f5_x74vi_8byvr_307.jpg

Last edited:

Back