What's the preferred airbrush set-up???

There is some really really great information in this topic, I have a brand new paasche I think VL double action and played with it a bit weathering an engine , I used a small tank type compressor. I really know nothing about airbrushing but have always had an interest in it, can you guys tell me where would you's use it as far as our railroading hobby goes?
Thanks

Lynn,

I use mine for virtually everything that needs painting or weathering, model kits for the main areas, scenery such as rock faces and now engines. If it needs to be painted or weathered, you can use the airbrush :)

Start with the top areas, they can be dusted with white to give the illusion of sun fade. Grills once black, white fades them and the vents show up better. Can put exhaust trails around the stacks, front of semi trailers. The air brush makes it very easy to blend, streak, rust tin roofs, dirty up door jams of industry building.

It goes on and on whatever weathering you may seen in the world you can reproduce with the air brush. I also highlite the side frames of the rail car trucks, they get lost under the car, a dusting brings them right out

Some photos for ideas....

greg

Attachments

• DSCN1076.JPG
    DSCN1076.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN1332.JPG
    DSCN1332.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1359.JPG
    DSCN1359.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 194