What to use to hold Rapido Easy Peasy lights in?

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Looks as though I am not going to be able to get 6 wheel off set powered trucks for my Pullman's so have had to resort to those battery operated Rapido light sets. What I'd like to know is, what do the guys who use them use to hold them in place "securely"?

Tony, I'm only speculating here - but you could probably use double-sided tape, since the weight of the strip is spread fairly over a broad area [not concentrated in one small spot].

Then there's the goop that banks use to cement credit/debit cards to paper when they mail them to their customers. That stuff is pretty strong, yet it can be peeled off without damaging either surface.

I've used the double sided tape to hold 50-gram steel nuts in place as weights for some of my boxcars:

NutsForWeight.jpg

Of course these weights were only held upside-down briefly so I could illustrate a point! But the Easy-Peasy strips are a lot less heavy, so I would expect them to stay put in any position.

The stuff that banks uses for credit cards is tough and strong. That might be a way to go if I can find it. If not, double sided tape was what I was initially thinking as well and was hoping for something better.

I'd really like to glue them in place BUT then there is that pesky, but necessary, battery :(

Damn! Found the stuff (or similar) that banks etc use. The glue sticks are $28 for X amount but the gun needed for them is $145. That is at 3M anyway. A bit rich for my blood for half a dozen rapido's me thinks.

The stuff they use on credit cards is just Silicone sealer. You could use the liquid insulation goo, that sets quite well. They won't just sit on top of the walls of the end vestibules within the cars will they? A bit of foam stuck inside the roofs to stop them rattling around might be enough.

Toot'n,

I don't think so, I think they are too short and designed to sit up under the roof and in the roof cavity. Silicone sealer could do the trick though - good thought.

Looks as though I am not going to be able to get 6 wheel off set powered trucks for my Pullman's so have had to resort to those battery operated Rapido light sets. What I'd like to know is, what do the guys who use them use to hold them in place "securely"?
I like double sided foam tape. Get a roll and cut it in half length wise for long narrow N-scale passenger cars.

Back