What is this 70s Tyco?

Driver8

70s Tyco.jpg

Sorry if this is simple. I'm a newbie. The above is a 70s-era Tyco with a full die-cast underbody. Can't seem to find any YouTube vids on it. What is it (model, serial)?

AHM. was a conglomerate of European manufacturers that wanted to sell on the US market. If it is stamped AHM then it is really a Mehano, or RIVAROSSI, or Roco. Which means those parts will fit making it easier to restore. Rocos were really good drives for their day. I would say that is a Roco drive

Bit of an update for those interested in a first-time rehab. I put power to the motor and it worked, but sputtered. I then went all in and cracked open the motor and cleaned the commutator like I have seen on YouTube. It worked pretty well. The issue was it took me an hour to figure out how to keep the brushes in contact. A little bit of oil, a new headlight, and some wheel cleaning next! I feel quite proud of myself.

Bit of an update for those interested in a first-time rehab. I put power to the motor and it worked, but sputtered. I then went all in and cracked open the motor and cleaned the commutator like I have seen on YouTube. It worked pretty well. The issue was it took me an hour to figure out how to keep the brushes in contact. A little bit of oil, a new headlight, and some wheel cleaning next! I feel quite proud of myself.
Well done!

That's the beauty of running vintage equipment. You can work on it yourself and get it running with a minimum of equipment. Most of the current H0 and 00 models can't be properly worked on unless you have some watchmakers' tools.

Back