What did you get for Christmas?

max diyer

What did you get for Christmas? If possible, please include photos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm having camera problems. Some of the photos aren't very clear.
Maybe I should of got a camera for Christmas. ;)

The first 5 cars are blue box and the sixth is a kit.
I also got 6 packs of Kadee 148's.

N1sILJ8m.jpg
vmhiX7fm.jpg

tDkPa2am.jpg
GHKftfgm.jpg

SrJEoidm.jpg
wPYpM2Cm.jpg

Last edited:
Something to "bridge" the gap between the incline and decline on my eventual layout:
001.JPG

The included bridge ties are for code 83 and code 70 rail. My mainline is going to be code 100, so I ordered some different bridge ties for it. Rob Bennett does a great build series on YouTube using the two track version of this bridge. This is not a one or two evening build!

My gift was some free time (which is far too infrequent lately) to spend working on the empire. I wanted to do some landscape work, so started on the Bartholow coal distributor scene, and then did some work on a Silver Streak car I picked up awhile back (will be writing an article on completing one of these kits). Pics:

xmaswork1.jpg
xmaswork2.jpg
xmaswork3.jpg

Last edited:
The family members that we exchange gifts with are getting smarter and give me $$$ instead of gifts.

Many years ago I did get a $100 Gift Certificate that some how got burned up in the Yule Time fire in the fire place on Christmas Eve. I went to the store and explained my problem and they re-issued the Certificate. They knew me from my regular visits and it was great that they trusted me and did the refund for me.

Greg

Back