What are your sources for news?

All news is biased. Every bit of it. IF you want balanced news you have to (1) go to a news source that has no skin in the game regarding the story (BBC for a story about the American midwest) or, more accurately, pick sources with opposite bias and carefully, very carefully, pick out the real in the story.

I don't care that much anymore, so I listen mostly to those who agree with me. :)

Good point about the BBC OldGuy. While I occasionally go to their website to read stories, I never thought of it that way.
On your second point regarding listening "mostly to those that agree with me"; I fully concur.

Willie

So many points made her about the news and how it fails or how it's good. I think the best part is we have many sources and we can go to multiple sources to get news. From that we must use our brains to determine what is good or bad.

One thing I see in news today as a problem is how much time news spends on items that are not news. I'm talking about the time they spend to cover broadcast channel shows like who is winning the talent show coming up later tonight. There must be so much news out there but they have time to sell the show on tonight.

Bottom Line you need to remember is "News today is all about ratings".

NEWS FLASH: Time to get back to trains and models. Real world is getting in the way again.
LOL

Dave

Back