What a way to ruin the hobby

I don't do facebook, so I'll stay away. Never felt the need to register there, or on twitter, Instagram....all those places where they compile your digital history and use it as they see fit.

For those of us who aren’t on Facebook, can you give of the gist of what’s going on here?

Yeah just a FB group for those MRR's on a tight budget trying to make their experience better that's all. Not sure how that's ruining the hobby?Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Yeah just a FB group for those MRR's on a tight budget trying to make their experience better that's all. Not sure how that's ruining the hobby?Am i missing something?

If that’s what the group is about, then your not missing anything. Most of us have money constraints to consider. You have to do what you have to do.

I'm assuming he's tried to link to a specific conversation in that group, but like everyone else I'm not a member of that particular group.

Since non-members can't see the content, this is a hugely useless post and thread.

I'm assuming he's tried to link to a specific conversation in that group, but like everyone else I'm not a member of that particular group.

Since non-members can't see the content, this is a hugely useless post and thread.

Hahh....it would seem that way. Unless someone can post a screenshot of said conversation...

Last edited:
I'm a facebook user, great way to keep intouch with my nieces, nephews and others. God knows the young people are too busy to visit ;)

However I'm not a member of that group and I can't see the post the OP is referring to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not going to sell my trains anticipating the hobbies demise either.

I will say we all have to beware of becoming grumpy old men. "get off my lawn you damn hippies!" :)

I thank God for my trains and I enjoy them.

One more thing, it was Tyco that started my train obsession, but I have mostly moved on to Lionel.

I and everyone are attempting to find out what the post said.

BCK RR

Sorry, what? You're the one who originally posted the link here, which no one else can even see due to not being members of facebook and/or the group in question.

I'm all about working on a budget. I've managed to get mostly off Facebook, though, so I'll have to let than one go. but the British guy and his kid, I like their stuff!

Back