What a way to ruin the hobby

They only can "sell" what you tell them!
Not going very far with just an e-mail and name ..(which does not have to be accurate).
That's true!

Call me crazy, but I like targeted advertising, I have found things I may have overlooked otherwise. I really don't care what they know, they can't make me do anything I don't want to do. I was recently searching for a circuit board for my furnace/central air system. An add for Amazon selling the circuit board popped up on the search page. I saved almost $100, I had no idea Amazon sold HVAC parts!

In addition I don't pay no mind to trolls, Russians, Serbians or otherwise. I see them like the snake oil salesmen of old. Nothing or nobody can protect us from our own stupidity. I have nothing to hide, I refuse to cower in fear. Not to mention spying on me could be dangerous, they might get bored to death!

Willie, do you have any idea how many different lists you're on, just through general living? The only true privacy anyone has is what happens behind their closed curtains.
With all of the "smart" appliances in people's homes these days, I wouldn't even be too sure of THAT!

Willie, do you have any idea how many different lists you're on, just through general living? The only true privacy anyone has is what happens behind their closed curtains.
I am very aware of what is out there, my point was in regards with them selling your information. Far worse is Google, which has more information but hasn't been blatantly caught selling it.

You have to join the group to see whats in it. I'm on Facebook, but not on that group. I enjoy Facebook and find more participation there in some hobby related groups than I see on equivalent message boards or forums. For example, I'm interested in 1/87 scale vehicle models. There are several active groups on Facebook for 1/87 scale vehicle modeling, but almost no activity on non Facebook related forums or clubs.

Back