What a way to ruin the hobby

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Selector

I don't do facebook, so I'll stay away. Never felt the need to register there, or on twitter, Instagram....all those places where they compile your digital history and use it as they see fit.

Yeah just a FB group for those MRR's on a tight budget trying to make their experience better that's all. Not sure how that's ruining the hobby?Am I missing something?

Last edited:

migalyto

Yeah just a FB group for those MRR's on a tight budget trying to make their experience better that's all. Not sure how that's ruining the hobby?Am i missing something?
If that’s what the group is about, then your not missing anything. Most of us have money constraints to consider. You have to do what you have to do.

cv_acr

I'm assuming he's tried to link to a specific conversation in that group, but like everyone else I'm not a member of that particular group.

Since non-members can't see the content, this is a hugely useless post and thread.

I'm assuming he's tried to link to a specific conversation in that group, but like everyone else I'm not a member of that particular group.

Since non-members can't see the content, this is a hugely useless post and thread.
Hahh....it would seem that way. Unless someone can post a screenshot of said conversation...

Last edited:

Bruette

I'm a facebook user, great way to keep intouch with my nieces, nephews and others. God knows the young people are too busy to visit ;)

However I'm not a member of that group and I can't see the post the OP is referring to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not going to sell my trains anticipating the hobbies demise either.

I will say we all have to beware of becoming grumpy old men. "get off my lawn you damn hippies!" :)

I thank God for my trains and I enjoy them.

One more thing, it was Tyco that started my train obsession, but I have mostly moved on to Lionel.

KB02

I'm all about working on a budget. I've managed to get mostly off Facebook, though, so I'll have to let than one go. but the British guy and his kid, I like their stuff!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com