Welcome to the new Forum Software!

About every time I tune in to the Forum, I get "...forum not responding" and have to wait until the site restarts! I'm still using IE, but never had the problem before you transferred.

About every time I tune in to the Forum, I get "...forum not responding" and have to wait until the site restarts! I'm still using IE, but never had the problem before you transferred.

That's weird. So far every other comment has been about how fast it is and how quickly things load. Can you try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps?

Just checked the server load and it's loafing along at 0.4, there should be essentially zero lag time.

That's weird. So far every other comment has been about how fast it is and how quickly things load. Can you try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps?

Just checked the server load and it's loafing along at 0.4, there should be essentially zero lag time.

Question for you... Has it been a few days since you last checked in? Were we on the new server last time you were here?

Question for you... Has it been a few days since you last checked in? Were we on the new server last time you were here?
We have been on the new server for several days. This has happened virtually every time I bring up the site. I will get the forum images, but I can't scroll to the rest of the home page until I go back and start over, or until I get the message to recover the internet! Weird! Once the website is recovered, it works fine. :confused:

We have been on the new server for several days. This has happened virtually every time I bring up the site. I will get the forum images, but I can't scroll to the rest of the home page until I go back and start over, or until I get the message to recover the internet! Weird! Once the website is recovered, it works fine. :confused:

Anyone else seeing this? Not sure what "recover the internet" means though.

Sounds like a cache error of some kind. I'm certainly not saying the server can't have problems, they all do. But so far the comments have been pretty consistent that the forum loads and responds quite quickly.

You can test this website (or any website) at this url:
https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx

The test results showed an average of about 5 seconds load time on the first visit. That's the slowest, as it has to load and cache all of the images, forum header, thumbnail images, etc. After that, the load time rated at about 3 seconds. I'd like it to be even faster, and to be honest, it seems faster when I browse, but it's still not bad considering how many images are on the page.

None of the sites testing reported errors, except for 1 error from Shanghai. I'm OK with with that, LOL.

BTW, for fun, I tested google.com on that site, and it got from 3 to 5 seconds as well for a lot of the sites. So apparently 5 seconds isn't all that bad.

I just realized I have seen that error, on my iPhone. Not on this site, but on others. It says something about "there has been an error on the page and the page has been recovered" or something like that. Are you viewing on an older iPhone or iPad?

I just realized I have seen that error, on my iPhone. Not on this site, but on others. It says something about "there has been an error on the page and the page has been recovered" or something like that. Are you viewing on an older iPhone or iPad?
No, I don't get an error message. It just freezes. Happened again, twice, just now. I had to get on Google Chrome, and the Forum came right up. It may be my old version of Internet Explorer. Guess I'll just have to log in on Google from now on. (I have both.)

I know this is ridiculous and petty but some software will not run on some operating systems for some reason. I'm not saying that the new software here falls into that category but, it might be something to consider, especially if you have no issue logging in with Chrome.

I have had zero problems using the regular Apple browsers that are on my iPad,iPhone or Mac. I do 99.9% of my viewing and posting using my iPad. It’s all good.

No, I don't get an error message. It just freezes. Happened again, twice, just now. I had to get on Google Chrome, and the Forum came right up. It may be my old version of Internet Explorer. Guess I'll just have to log in on Google from now on. (I have both.)

Well, yes in that case, you may be out of luck. They try very hard to make it work on nearly everything. I've personally tested it on an iPhone, iPad, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer and even Edge (it takes a LOT to get me to use edge). They all appear to work fine. I can certainly believe that an outdated version of Explorer could be seeing issues. If possible, consider updating, or as you suggest, just use Chrome. It's faster anyway.

Thank you Bob for all your effort and the expenses that went into this forum. I have not had much chance to enjoy it of late due to moving and health issues, but that will change soon enough.

I was under the impression that the new forum software was going to automatically re-size photo uploads. I frequent 4 forums, 2 model railroad forums and 2 RC plane forums, and this is the only one ever tells me my photos are too big to upload. And it tells me that every time I try to upload a photo, so I cancel the upload. I never have a problem elsewhere, just here. Can the forum software be adjusted to automatically re-size photo uploads?

I was under the impression that the new forum software was going to automatically re-size photo uploads. I frequent 4 forums, 2 model railroad forums and 2 RC plane forums, and this is the only one ever tells me my photos are too big to upload. And it tells me that every time I try to upload a photo, so I cancel the upload. I never have a problem elsewhere, just here. Can the forum software be adjusted to automatically re-size photo uploads?

Can you give me the details on one of the images that has failed? What size (in megabytes) and what dimensions (in pixels)?
I'm curious to see just how big these images are, as I currently have it set for 10 megabytes in size...

Last edited:
I'll do that when I'm on the man-cave computer, probably tomorrow evening. I'm on the upstairs computer right now, and all my pics are on the other one.

I'll do that when I'm on the man-cave computer, probably tomorrow evening. I'm on the upstairs computer right now, and all my pics are on the other one.
Okay, I'm downstairs now, so I'll try and upload a pic that wouldn't before:
002.JPG

And this time it did it! The pic size is 4.48mb, 4288 x 3216 pixels. Whatever you did, thank you! You may disregard my two previous messages.

Back