Weekly Photo Fun Dec. 18 - 25

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey!!! Nobody started the best thread on the forum yet!!! I guess I'll have to do the honors then.

This is a place each week to show off what you have been doing recently in the hobby. It should be your own work on your home layout or at your club. it is not a place to sit and chat. That would be over in the diner in another spot on this forum. It is fine to ask questions about what someone has done and how it got done, etc. but please keep the post on topic. Hope to see your work in here!

I haven't had a lot of time to do anything with the hobby this last week but I did quite a bit on the Girder Bridge done last weekend at the RIT Train Show, and this week finished some repairs (I made one major goof and got told about it by a dear friend at the show) and did manage to get the last of the decals in place. I will be putting on one more coat of solvaset on the recently installed rivets and then it will be off to the paint booth...

LrgGirderBrdg34w_zpsh7awllnz.png

LrgGirderBrdg35w_zpskhv4iygl.png

LrgGirderBrdg38w_zpsdzfnxdil.png

Ray ..... Apparently, you spent many tedius hours working on your bridge project so far.

-----------

Lots of Christmas presents are being shipped in mail and express cars :

mailandexpresscars_zps34fa5bc3.jpg

Thanx for the boot in the butt Ray, you're becoming the official WPF starter!
Nice work guys, makes me want to get going on my layout!
I finally snagged a Lifelike VIA unit and mounted it onto a Walthers chassis today.

image.jpg

Garry.... Ah, yes, that is correct... But now it is where I can see that it is going to work as planned so it is well worth the effort... ;) Hi Rico, Hey i just like to start the thread now and then. You can do the next one on Christmas day!

Got a chance to finish up all the decals and use lots of Solvaset on them. Let everything dry and headed to the paint booth. I have a hand full of spots that will have to be touched up with a brush but the paint covered very well all told.

LrgGirderBrdg39w_zpsu5c0qmmb.png

LrgGirderBrdg40w_zpslwanqjkm.png

I also started building the "mountain" where the other end of the bridge will rest.

Hello Gents!

Ray, that bridge is incredible.....good show!

Rick, good to see you found that engine, VIA stuff seems hard to find unless you pay for Rapido

Michael, the circus stuff is neat to see.

No modeling for me this week, between a nasty head cold and the holiday honeydo list, time has been scarce. However I made it to the other side of the basement today to start the Pre- holiday track cleaning and look what I found!

Can you make hassenpfeffer with kitty instead of rabbit??:eek::rolleyes:

Tumbles BUSTED - Copy.jpg

Been working on the helix. This wasn't necessary for operation, but will give me the option to run continuous loops rather than point to point. I wasn't happy with how much room a helix took up, so never incorporated one in my plan two years ago when I started the layout, so it's sort of shoe-horned through the wall to save space for the narrow gauge. You may also notice it is stacked on top of my staging and reverse loop tracks.

image.jpg

Some really good photos. Like the way the bridge is looking Ray, well dome.

Here is the power to pull the tourist train taking visitors south to Yellowstone Park.

attachment.php

Some really good photos. Like the way the bridge is looking Ray, well dome.

Here is the power to pull the tourist train taking visitors south to Yellowstone Park.

attachment.php

OHH nice, great tourist train to Yellowstone Park, SWEEET!

I have finished the touch-up painting of the bridge and have cut, stained, and installed the ties. Four of the ties are PC ties that will be painted just as soon as the rails are installed which is the next step. If i have measured correctly the longest and largest of my equipment should clear the sides of the griders and it will be good to put on the layout as soon as the area is ready for it.

LrgGirderBrdg41w_zpso2a9skei.png

If you look carefully you can see where I put marks on some of the ties where the rail will set just inside the marks... I will need to create the bracing holding the bridge in the middle which will straddle the track below it...

Ray, nice work on that bridge, it looks great. Are you using bridge track? Or gluing rails down youself?

Hi Michael,

Like all my new trackage, I will be hand laying Micro Engineering code 83 rail. I use Fast Tracks for turnouts and for normal track laying. That is why There are the PC Ties in place. The ties are scale 8" x 8" cut from stock given to me by a dear old friend and author in the hobby last weekend at the RIT Show in Rochester, NY. Fitting as I used plans drawn by the guy many years ago for building the bridge....

Thanks for your comment!

Ray

Christmas Forest Consumed all weekends from Thanksgiving through last.....

A Bachmann 4-6-0 Annie on passenger duty, and a Kalamazoo 4-4-0 on the stock run.
IMG_5453_small.jpg

The only n-scale in the display, on a tight 5" or 6" radius loop.IMG_5372_small.jpg

Another Lionel representing our neighbors to the north (CP) serves under the "Doll" tree and "Blue Jays and Friends" tree.
IMG_5591_small.jpg
Looking through the gym lobby to the main lobby.IMG_5444_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Xmas friends, its been a hole year only watching around here. I want to share our xmas train and some decorations we get on our trip to USA last xmas. Merryrail Xmas to all!!!

12376722_10153438013488802_9027988594234963677_n.j  pg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/mike.knuckey/videos/10153438019023802/[/video]

Back