Weekly Photo Fun, 1/7/11 thru 1/13/11

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
All,
Please allow me to kick off the next round of photos. A pair of Western Maryland 2-8-0's simmering in the summer of 1955, awaiting orders.
The models are mine, the scene is on Bob Mott's modules, on the FCSME modular layout.
Black and white looks cool on steamers, doesn't it?
waiting75dpi.JPG

Gary, you have a good eye! I look forward to more scenes as they develop.

I am revisiting an image I posted about a year ago, but with some smoke added.

IMG_7796_editedres-1.png

Gary, I have to agree with Crandell.... Nice work and you have a good eye for detail.

Only "improvement" I would make is that since you are modeling (I assume) the late 1950's that sweet little John Deere Waterloo Boy Tractor would be at least 30+ to 40+ years old. I would cover it in rust color and quite a bit of grimy black in a few places where oil and grease would have been leaking a bit. Oh and no way would it have nice yellow wheels by that age. Again lots of rust and bare metal......

OK, I'll go sit at the Rivet counter for a while..... A said and done, nice scene!!!

Gary, I have to agree with Crandell.... Nice work and you have a good eye for detail.

Only "improvement" I would make is that since you are modeling (I assume) the late 1950's that sweet little John Deere Waterloo Boy Tractor would be at least 30+ to 40+ years old. I would cover it in rust color and quite a bit of grimy black in a few places where oil and grease would have been leaking a bit. Oh and no way would it have nice yellow wheels by that age. Again lots of rust and bare metal......

OK, I'll go sit at the Rivet counter for a while..... A said and done, nice scene!!!

Good suggestions, but, better yet, preserve that beautiful tractor, leave it the way it is, and park it in the front yard as someones beautiful lawn ornamnent :D

Thanks Ray....I have a farm scene planned for that little John Deere, where I am sure it will meet up with old man time:D

Hate to pop your bubble, but as the resident John Deere freak, I believe what you are referring to is a John Deere Model D.
nmah2004-02104_428px.jpg

The Waterloo Boy has a sideways mounted radiator and a tank ahead of it that is quite evidently missing on the model.

Now is there any room at the Rivet Counter? I'd like to get a slice of pie!:D

Hate to pop your bubble, but as the resident John Deere freak, I believe what you are referring to is a John Deere Model D.
nmah2004-02104_428px.jpg

The Waterloo Boy has a sideways mounted radiator and a tank ahead of it that is quite evidently missing on the model.

Now is there any room at the Rivet Counter? I'd like to get a slice of pie!:D

My, my, my, I must not have had my glasses on last night... You are correct sir! All those old 2 cylinder JDs were cool anyway.... First one I drove was the B, BTW

The Waterloo Boy is this one doing silo blower service on the Farm outside of Hopewell Junction...

FarmHouse3w.png

Now.... Where the heck did he find a John Deere D? I have never seen one in HO, N, or even O before!

165380_1746969069103_1085091044_2039351_1366393_n.jpg

Fresh from Davis Signs in North Carolina, repainted Texas and Gulf Coast MP-15 1505 awaits re-installation of hardware removed for the paintjob before a shake down at Fred's Locomotive Shop, and on to her home town of Corpus Christi.

(this was a former WSOR unit, and is sound equipped...)

I have been working on the base layer of scenery on my NYC themed 4x8 and can now start adding detail and scenes, but in the meantime here are some shots of generous gifts Santa brought this year.

Up Close and Personal with a new P2K F7.

f7.jpg

Black and White Shot of my new L-4B Mohawk.

005.jpg

Amazing Work by all. Just by sharing your work you make better modelers of us all.

-Anthony

Back