Weekly Photo Fun! 1/19 -> 1/25

TrinityJayOne

N gauge fan
Here you go, Rico. ;)

Nothing really to show here apart from my baseboard work, which already has a thread. :D While gathering supplies yesterday though I picked up some orange paints for my plan to tigerstripe an F45.

tigerpaints.jpg

I haven't changed my layout to a LotR setting, I just bought these at Games Workshop. :p Of course there's no prototype for this so I'll have to choose my own design. There weren't even any safety cabs given the treatment from what I can tell, but someone out there has photoshopped the scheme onto a modern loco. I think it could work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been awhile since I posted so thought I'd show alittle of the barge area I am working on. The tug boat was just started so painting and weathering hasn't been complete yet. This is always a thread I love to see!

Slowly working on 2 Athearn RTR SD60's which will be painted in NYS&W yellow jacket.
I've removed whatever isn't on the prototype, filled in its holes and sanded them smooth. Removed the front nose markers also. I've only installed the Details West Nathan K5LA low mount horn and horn stand. I've been working on the Detail Associates SD60 winterization hatch as its a tad snug, but looks good. Once complete I may just run them with the stock athearn lights for a while. Money is tight so im not going to do leds or sound just yet. I do have 2 tsunami 710 decoders I could use and im debating on whether to remove them from another model.

Nice stuff guys!
Here's an oldie from me, switching the FM mill#2 with leased power:

Here's a couple of locos that I finished in the past year for a client. The first was an SW-1500 that I "backdated" some into a reasonable copy of an SW-1000

SW10009314a.png

This next one is a little 35 ton (IIRC) brass model of the CB&Q.

9123Rostershot5.png

And finally an oldie but goodie. This was staged on Rexhea's layout. This one was done about 7 years ago.

OldQueenandthePrincess.png

The background is actually a shot from just below the summit of Saluda Grade, back when it was still being used. I keep hoping the NS will re-open it soon.

I love those Burlington switchers, you did a great job. Here's a bit more Q stuff that just arrived in the mail today, a Concor hicube straight from the "uh sorry, I believe I ordered the large?" files-

caroftheweek6.jpg

86' :eek: Can't imagine they made em' much bigger than this.

I love those Burlington switchers, you did a great job. ...

86' :eek: Can't imagine they made em' much bigger than this.

Thanks TJ, I enjoyed doing them. However the SRR Tobacco Hogshead cars were bigger than these cars. IIRC, 110' over the couplers, which meant they were about 93-98' long. They had those cushion underframes where the couplers stuck out from the car.

Thats just common stripwood, colored with dark brown acrylic paints, scoret every so often (so it looks like crossties), then given a "wash" of thinned India ink. Glued in place , then the scenery is finished up to it.

The stripwood is available at hobby and craft shops in 3 ft lengths!

Thanks for noticing!:D

Back