WeekendPhotoFun Jan 11 12 13

Lol, public transportation can't go on base... So I'd end up walking 4+ miles from the gate.

Ron
Great job on the layout!

Selector
Nice B&W shot of the pusher!

Zak
Nice looking unit!

Selector
Another cool B&W shot!

BSNFRailfan
Nice loco!

Grande Man
Great shots! The Burlington F-unit is cool looking!

CNR Glen
Nice proto shots!

Steve B
Cool looking bumpers!

Jeffery
Great looking power for your tourist train!

Jim
Neat shots! I really like the street running!

Jeff
Nice collection of vehicles!

John
Nice looking truck!

Here are a few more oldies

pioneerIII.jpg

Former PRR Pioneer III MU coaches at Crum Lynne

eddy_1.jpg

Amtrak E60 passing SEPTA Silverliners IV at a Eddystone, PA.

e60_cl.jpg

SB Amtrak E60 in the snow at Crum Lynne, PA

aem_7_snow_cl3.jpg

NB Amtrak AEM-7 in the snow at Crum Lynne, PA

I am finishing up all the cars I am weathering. The airbrushing is done and I now have to seal them.

Cheers everyone, they are made by PECO, John if you go into Arcadia and look on the wall behind the door you will find hung them half way up, 95p each i think they were, i painted them with dirty grey paint then brushed in MIG dirty mud pigment powder, works a treat.

Did more work on the T-2-a last night. It's now finished.

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010006-17.jpg

I've got some cracking going on with the paint on this car. I don't know yet whether I'll repair it or leave it as is.

P1010020-1.jpg

A lot of good work as always, but what floored me is that Eric actually took a picture or two of his layout with his new camera. I was sure that it only functioned outdoors.

Great work as always folks!

I have been working on the Hills this week:

TheHills09w.png

Some of the forest on the hillside is now growing...

TheHills10w.png

The other side of them thar hills...

TheHills11w.png

I have also put together a few more Coal Hoppers this week. The C & O is one of the new ones. They are all Accurail and now have the removable Accurail Coal loads in them.

CoalHoppers01w.png

That looks really good. The only bad thing (to me) was that obvious corner. I elimenated the corners on my layout by putting up pieces of poster paper so that curve through the corners.

That looks really good. The only bad thing (to me) was that obvious corner. I elimenated the corners on my layout by putting up pieces of poster paper so that curve through the corners.

Thanks Jeffrey. Actually what you are seeing on the first 3 photos is a seam between two sheets of Masonite that are in a straight line. The seam is placed in a location where you normally won't be as aware of it once the area is finished but does stand out in the photo. In the 4th. photo, there is a corner that I may try to rework at some time............ It has to be a fairly tight corner and the masonite won't make it without some serious slow bending. And there is machinery hidden in the staging right behind it.

Last one for me this weekend. Finally finished the weathering on this old Rock Island SD-40-2. Found a prototype picture that says it all. DIRTY!!! LOL

silvis08bjpg31599.jpg

My rendition of the above Rock Island SD-40-2.

100_1380.jpg

Well, for my weekend i got invited by a friend to go operate on his N scale UP layout. It was a very nice layout, i got to run 3 through trains, and to get one train around the layout takes about an hour. So it was fun. My first train i have no pictures of. It Was BNSF 5624 stack train. With dash 9 BNSF lead unit and two NS sd70M's with flared radiators. My second train i unfortunately have no pictures of either. Which was NS 2591, with NS sd70M w/ flared radiators as lead, and BNSF sd40-2 as second unit. This train was a Manifest. My third train i have pics of which are below in the attachments. The first attachment shows my train going through Klammath Falls, second my train is going through Oakridge. Third if a picture of the dispatchers office, and fourth shows a fellow operators SP stack train about to pass the BNSF interchange track. I had a blast at this guys layout. For more layout information visit his website. http://ldsig.org/wiki/index.php/Cascade_Subdivision_-_N_-_Mark_Lestico

Thanks
Austin

Trackwork resumes on Portland Terminal

Some trackwork has continued on the Portland Terminal today. Here are a few photos from the progress....
1. Switcher ready service track at Lake Yard
2. Lake Yard with classification yard on right at 3-track arrival departure yard on left.
3. SE 2nd Ave Fruit District. Where the cars are spotted will be in-street with packing houses on each side. The one against the edge will have a narrow loading dock to suggest other side of street. 2nd Ave will run right down the middle between the cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Here is the industries off of the Portland Traction line - freighthouse to the left and warehouse and bulk oil dealer to the right.
6. This is East Portland with a small refinery with grease dock in foreground and a warehouse in the background.

Bob
That is a great photo and scene!

Ray
Nice progress on the layout!

Jerome
Nice proto shot and a great job on the unit!

Austin
Cool layout shots!

Robert
Looking good!

The local handling the latest added cars to the RK&M.

Coil_Cars002a.jpg

Athearn Blue Box U33C; Penn Central

Coil_Cars004a.jpg

Walthers Evans 100-ton 55’ Cushion Coil Car; Chessie – B&O

Coil_Cars006a.jpg

Walthers Evans 100-ton 55’ Cushion Coil Car; Reading

Coil_Cars007a.jpg

Walthers Evans 100-ton 55’ Cushion Coil Car; Reading

Coil_Cars010a.jpg

Walthers Evans 100-ton 55’ Cushion Coil Car; Chessie – C&O

Coil_Cars012a.jpg

Walthers Evans 100-ton 55’ Cushion Coil Car; Chessie – B&O