weekEND photo fun 26 - 27 -28 October

Early finish from work today so If no one minds Ill start the weekend thread

Added more scenery to the viaduct this week.

These pics were taken outside, hence the water looks COLD !!!

outside.jpg

outside1.jpg

outside2.jpg

outside3.jpg

outside4.jpg

Just cant decide if I need one more tall tree on the front right side ?? Any opinions ??? ...

John
RJR

John,...THAT IS GREAT!!,
Just cant decide if I need one more tall tree on the front right side
don't know...may be some tall bushes...I think in real they won't lett a tree grown so high and close to the bridge...and "be careful" with the trees: don't hide that beautiful bridge!

Jos

I gotta agree with Jos, man John that looks awesome. Now I'm depressed I've had my track laid longer than you and I haven't done anything scenic wise. Boy I really need to get on it, but again John fantastic job.

Blimey john,,, that is stunning, especially the top shot, looks real.

Made a station for the boys layout out of Scalescenes parts, i used the station platform kit and the wall sections from the low relief arches kit, i added the free downloadable waiting shelter and added yellow lines made from thin yellow paper, these are on platforms that have fast trains passing, passengers have to keep behind them. Still to add station name signs, warning signs, timetables etc so we went out and photographed them, got to shrink them and print them out yet, should look good when done.
not bad for a card model, it's five ply thick in places for strength, what a bugger to keep it level during construction, the glue makes it try to deform so you have to keep everything weighted down untill dry. eat your heart out jeffery ;)
10-08-07028-2.jpg

10-08-07027.jpg

10-08-07029-3.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments, as for speed I just use unusual methods and do little and often.

Like the station Steve, Ive toyed with the idea of trying the scalescenes stuff, you may well have just convinced me !!! I like the Matcalfe kits but was unsure how printing them myself would affect the quality. I think Ill go and download some retaining walls !!! :)

John
RJR

Steve, that is one NICE card model!

So, yesterday was my birthday, and here's my newest engine! :D

John go for it, you can mix and match all the kits no end

Josh Very nice birthday present
John just PM'd you

Last edited by a moderator:
John - The B&O (now CSX) has a large viaduct just southwest of Baltimore, and yours looks exactly like it - at least the weathering does. Fantastic work!:cool:

Steve - nice looking station platform there.

Josh - I see you got a nice birthday present!

Aggro! Nooooo! Man, if I had the spare cash I would bid on her in a minute (or less). That is a beautiful beast! Unfortunately I doubt she could take the 20/22" curves on the SLOW well and she is a bit to modern for the layout, but what a collectors item. Your work is sooooooo good!

After four hours, I finally got the handrails on my GP50. Why couldn't Athearn make these metal monsters so that they would actually fit as intended. I assembled the railing as I went along and had to drill out each and every hole, a pretty good trick when you don't have a pin vise.

P1010001-23.jpg

Great shots everyone!
All I can post right now is a link to my latest webpage, I do need to update my photos soon. http://ewwest.info/index_files/Page343.htm scroll to the right as I cant get the frames to line up right now.
Jeffrey, if you'll take a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze the loop on the stanchions, they will no longer slide back and forth.:cool:

I drill the holes out so they are a very snug fit, line everything up, nip the tops to stop them sliding about, remove all assembly and put a spot of superglue on every joint then paint while they are off, once dry just clip em back on and put a spot of superglue behind the plastic bodyshell were they protrude.

Aaaaggghh! I was smiling at the monitor as I started at the first post and moved on down the line...so many great images of fine modelling...and then I read of Aggro's circumstances. :( I would love to have your sooo-nice J1, but mostly I feel very badly that you have to let it go, Aggro.

Be that as it may, I wll post my image for the week. One of them, anyway...

I call this Morning Light at Seneca Falls. It was a bright and sunny fall day with light reflecting off the southern exposed wooden fence outside the window that provides this natural light. I purposefully left the image darkened, as you see, to simulate shortly after first light, maybe 20 minutes before dawn.

IMG_1317adjr.JPG

Back