Weathering with oil paint

Something of interest, is the fact that only three people have shown interest in these videos: Hobbytronics, Greg@mnrr and myself. Is this the sum total of the people who think weathering is important to the hobby?

it is possible to show interest without replying ...
i lightly weather all stock before using regularly, light because of time frame, 1890

How do you "Show Interest" without replying? It is possible to be interested, without replying. However, those carrying the conversation will never know; or, have any idea that there is any interest in the subject!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark: I want to use the DullKote between layers of the oils to prevent the underlying oils to be affected by the top layer when doing streaking or other effects. Besides I like the smell of DullKote in the morning!!!

Greg

Greg: Like I said, we all have our own ways of doing things and I hope you can see that I'm really just funnin' you!

I'm really getting into weathering with oils and the processes to make a great looking model are actually simple to use. Here's a video that has a covered hopper being weathered.

Greg

Greg, Haven't viewed all of it; but, again, it appears to show a really complete method of using oils to weather, Thanks!

Back